The Engineering Design Project Manager provides leadership on assigned projects and acts to achieve financial, schedule and client relationship objectives. The Engineering Design Project Manager plans and organizes all engineering functions specific to the project, coordinates client interaction between the project team and client, provides guidance on recommended manpower and technical resource loading.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare project execution plans, schedules and budgets while participating in all phases of project work from conceptual design to post-construction field checkout.
- Manage supplier change orders and construction costs.
- Direct engineering activities.
- Interface with clients and relevant staff.
- Prepare or oversee the preparation of process flow diagrams, process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs), and process and utility equipment documents.
- Review the overall layout of processing suites.
- Assist with defining and designing the health, safety or environmental requirements of Pharmaceutical and Biological manufacturing systems and facilities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or Planning required.
- MUST have a strong Architectural Design or Engineering discipline background along with experience running engineering/design projects in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Nutraceutical, or Biotech industries.
- Minimum of 10+ years of industry experience as a Project Manager overseeing project execution while ensuring that projects meet client quality, schedule and budget objectives.
- Experience managing a range of engineering design projects is required; specifically with A&E companies.
- Proven ability, capacity and aptitude with planning, organizing, supervising, coordinating technical work and obtaining cooperation from others (must be able to build rapport with project staff).
- High level of scheduling skills.
- Understanding of Earned Value and other project controls methods as they pertain to the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Life Sciences industry.
- Experience managing aseptic manufacturing and/or solid dosage projects is a strong plus.
- Experience working within SharePoint is a plus.