The SQL Server Database Administrator will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of production databases at R.D. Offutt. This IT role will assist in designing and implementing best practices for database operation and development while contributing to design and architecture guidance.
Specific Duties Include:
• Review, triage and troubleshoot database operations and incoming work requests.
• Leverage database expertise to monitor and troubleshoot database processes and performance.
• Work with all levels of development from requirements through implementation and support.
• Resolve reporting problems through collaboration with IT Development and Analytics team members.
• Understand database processing and best practices to recommend resolutions or proactive measures.
• Provide monitoring and infrastructure, design and architecture guidance.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of R.D. Offutt Company/RDO Equipment Co.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• B.S. degree in a technical discipline, information systems or programming preferred.
• 5 or more years in database development using MS SQL Server 2012 or later preferred.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, analytical and communication abilities.
• Knowledge of database programming languages including SQL, and in creating database queries, stored procedures, functions, SQL Agent jobs.
• An understanding of data modeling and database concepts, and data protection requirements.
• Certification in SQL Server administration preferred.
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship