Engineering & Cont. Improvement Manager
Primary Purpose: Manage and direct the activities of the Plant Continuous Improvement (CI) and Engineering groups
- Manage the plant CI Program to include supporting the JCMS initiative through managing and facilitating the maturity of the CI Culture objectives
- Develop and direct projects to improve process efficiency, throughput, and reduce conversion cost.
- Develop and maintain the CI annual Savings Plan as well as working with Engineering Manager on the Annual Capital Plan
- Oversee capital projects from funding requests to implementation.
- Work closely with finance to bring all projects in on time and on budget while providing timely project updates to the Plant Manager and Group Director of CI.
- Responsible for TPM implementation and continuation.
- Drive lean practices throughout the plant to include Six Sigma projects, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, 5s, and improvement workshops
- Oversee maintenance and maintenance planning.
- Track performance versus budgeted cost savings goals.
- Track and maintain CI Training and Certifications for direct reports
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the Engineering Manager. #external
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (EE or ME preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing setting
- Minimum 2 years of experience with PLC troubleshooting
- Minimum 3 years of engineering or facilities management experience
- Previous experience with Six Sigma/Lean Initiatives (Black Belt certification required)
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership, analysis, and PC skills