Position Summary: The Engineering Consulting Manager is responsible for leading and delivering additive manufacturing/3D printing client engagements that identify, design, and implement creative business and digital manufacturing technology solutions. Our strategy and operation consulting projects and additive manufacturing technology create competitive product differentiation, process productivity, and cost reduction.
Why Join Us? Expert Services division of Stratasys’ mission is to lead and shape the adoption, application, and impact of additive manufacturing. We’re seeking candidates who are experienced, knowledgeable and passionate about manufacturing innovation. We offer the opportunity to work at an entrepreneurial, flexible, industry-leading organization where you can truly own your career. Come join us!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Consultants are expected to contribute to the group’s growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
- Engineering Consulting: Assist clients to understand the technical viability and economic feasibility of using 3D printing and additive manufacturing. Work with clients on design optimization challenges and design for AM opportunities.
- Engagement Management & Support: Support the Engagement Manager in various areas, including: planning and budgeting; mobilizing and managing engagement teams; defining deliverable structure and content; facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from technical management levels at the client; directing on-time, quality delivery of work products; managing engagement economics; managing engagement risk.
- Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with technical clients, sponsors, and partners.
- Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with technical decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies.
- Practice Development & Thought Leadership: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; develop "point-of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; publish content in relevant industry periodicals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a closely-related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in an engineering consulting environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ directly-related experience in design, manufacturing, or supply chain in aerospace, automotive, medical devices, consumer packaged goods, electronics, or industrial machinery.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interface with clients on technical matters and support presentations to executive management teams.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead and influence teams.
- M.B.A. or advanced degree in Engineering.
- Professional Engineering License strongly preferred.
- Previous experience managing a team of consultants or building a consulting team.
- Strong technical and practical experience in additive manufacturing technology is highly desired (design, materials, processes, and applications).
- Prior technical and practical experience with automation and sensors (e.g., smart factories).
- Provenexperience in any of the following areas is stronglypreferred:
- Product Development: Engineering design, simulation, testing/inspection/certification, and manufacturing scale up. Exposure to utilizing CAD/CAE/CAM to manage product lifecycle.
- Process Optimization: Recommending systems and process improvement changes by applying lean six sigma or other similar manufacturing methodologies.
- Process Design: Designing and implementing manufacturing & supply chain processes driven by sensors and automation.
- Quality Management: Recommending systems and process to assure and control quality. Conducting organizational evaluations, design systems and procedures, conduct work simplification and measurement studies, and prepare operations manuals.
- Data Analysis: Collecting, cleansing, and building complex data analytics using Excel, SQL, Alteryx, R, VBA, Coupa, Tableau, etc.
- No direct reports; project team responsibility.
- Works in a pleasant office environment with other department staff, utilizing a computer workstation and various software applications. Specific work schedule is coordinated with direct supervisor.
- The position is located at Stratasys North America headquarters in Eden Prairie, MN.
- Travel requirement: Up to 50% of the time (primarily U.S.).