Our dynamic team of game makers is looking for an Engineering Client Architect who loves games and is eager to bring exceptional entertainment to millions of players. We are building a next-generation multiplayer game, and you will be responsible for guiding the engineering team while helping architect and build our client technology stack.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a lot of experience developing code across multiple engineering systems.
- You will help ensure a stable development environment and a high bar for code quality, as well as pushing the boundaries of what our code is capable of.
- Experience working in an online/multiplayer environment on at least one “AAA” title.
- You have strong interpersonal and development skills as you will collaborate with other engineers and disciplines.
- You believe that technical passion and common decency can and should exist harmoniously. You model that every day, using clear, direct, kind communication, both verbal and written.
- You are excited about learning new technologies and practices.
- You have a high level of proficiency in one or more of the following platforms: UE4/C++ or a proprietary game engine.
- You have experience developing for both PC and console.
- You find time to play video games & empathize deeply with our players because you are a gamer at heart.
WHAT YOUR DAY MIGHT LOOK LIKE
- Craft pragmatic, reliable shipping code.
- Weigh in on architectural decisions helping guide the team to efficient solutions.
- Create architectural solutions to support multiple engineering teams
- Mentor and coach team members
- Use social skills to communicate with development and leadership teams on tradeoffs of different code solutions, possible solutions for ambitious goals, and how to limit and reduce risks.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of content creators to make the best game possible.
- Contribute to an evolving code architecture.
- Bring a passion for helping our team do amazing things.
- Participate in daily playtests to see how the game is playing and experience how your work is affecting the product.
- You have at least 10 years of experience working in games.
- You have shipped at least 1 multiplayer title as a lead engineer or software architect.
- You can demonstrate the ability to create clear architectural plans for client/server games
- Experience shipping and supporting a live service game.