Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Position: Engineering and Maintenance Manager
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
SUMMARY: The Engineering & Maintenance Manager reports directly to the Plant Manager is responsible for managing the Plant Engineering function, including maintenance of all plant equipment and process systems, project engineering, utilities, and automation systems.
THE IDEAL ENGINEERING & MAINTENANCE MANAGER CREDENTIALS INCLUDE:
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field with a minimum of ten years of experience in engineering assignments as a Manager working in a quality-focused environment with strong employee oriented programs.
- Must have good technical skills and the ability to develop the plant processes.
- Must have a well-developed business understanding, excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills, the ability to communicate effectively and motivate others to promote a positive work atmosphere.
- Must be able to work effectively with all levels of employees within the company. Incumbent must be a self-starter who seeks responsibility and is able to work with minimal direction.
- Must have demonstrated a willingness to challenge conventional ideas, to be a flexible, innovative individual and one who can function effectively in a team format.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Maintenance Management: Directs the effective maintenance of all plant facilities, including breakdowns and preventive maintenance, work control, automation, outside maintenance contractors and repair shops; establishes and enforces maintenance procedures and methods and monitors maintenance budgets for all plant cost centers.
Organization and Personnel: Participates in developing and maintaining effective employee relations within the Engineering Department and properly staffs all positions; initiates the training of new and inexperienced personnel, as well as experienced personnel and enforces safety rules and regulations.
Energy and Utility Systems: Directs the efficient operation of plant energy (utility) systems to include: electricity, water, natural gas, air, and steam and explores and directs energy system related efficiency, improvements, conservation, and insures appropriate in-plant distribution of energy costs.
Automation Engineering: Supervises the plant's Process and Automation Engineer to insure state-of-the-art automation projects and repairs and sets priorities for the automation function in conjunction with Production Management