The Engineering and Maintenance Manager will be responsible for providing strategic leadership to the Maintenance, Reliability, IT and Engineering Teams. As a member of the Mill leadership team you will be responsible for developing strategies for improving plant asset reliability. Key role deliverables include, but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and cost-effective management of the overall maintenance, engineering and reliability processes and activities to ensure maximum equipment reliability and assets preservation.
- Ensure all planned projects are implemented on time, on budget and meet the stated objective.
- Lead Preventive, Predictive and Reliable Manufacturing Processes which follow the One Domtar Standards. Participate in the One Domtar Reliability Functional Team to support continuous improvement of the One Domtar Standards.
- Lead and develop the Maintenance, Reliability & Engineering teams.
- Manage/control maintenance cost and capital project portfolio to achieve target results while ensuring budgets are prepared, met and variances explained with appropriate action taken as required.
- Manage the Mill’s CMMS optimizing spare parts/materials inventory and maintenance work to minimize unplanned downtime and operating cost as well as ensuring the MRO inventory meets proper Working Capital standards as defined by Domtar.
- Lead the continuous improvement of key performance indicators to increase asset life and department budget cost effectiveness.
- Lead and perform necessary root cause analysis on asset failures and implement identified actions to improve manufacturing reliability.
- Demonstrate success in leading change and driving improvement.
- Be accountable for all Mill asset outcomes.
- 10+ years’ experience leading and improving maintenance and reliability in an industrial environment where managing personnel, logistics, production, and workplace safety were a requirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with experience successfully leading and developing a team of engineers.
- Demonstrated success implementing & optimizing reliability maintenance systems and processes.
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and facility systems.
- Excellent leadership skills that include proven ability to coach and develop team members to a higher level of performance, ability to work in a team environment actively promoting collaboration, teamwork, and conflict resolution.
- Experience developing and managing budgets to maximize asset reliability.
- Demonstrated planning, organizing and problem-solving skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects concurrently.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience with Root Cause Analysis tools.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral, as well as highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Experience in pulp and paper industry.
- Knowledge of Project Management Best Practices and Methodology.
- Use and knowledge of SAP’s Plant and Materials Management.
- Experience working in a Union environment.