The Engineering and Environmental Manager will support the environmental and sustainability program at Newell Brands Manchester, Tennessee Facility.
- The Engineering and Environmental Manager will provide technical oversight to assure compliance with environmental legal and regulatory requirements (including NWL corporate standards) through implementation of a multi-media compliance program. Key regulatory requirements include but are not limited to the following regulations:
- Clean Air Act
- Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Emergency Preparedness and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
- Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA)
- Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations specific to handling and shipping hazardous materials.
The Engineering and Environmental Manager will coordinate with the Facility Safety Manager and Facility as needed for environmental compliance and sustainability programs.
- Provide local leadership for environmental compliance program.
- Manage key departmental projects and resources to insure on time and successful completion.
- Work closely with R&D and marketing functions through all aspects of product development and production.
- Provide financial analysis for all capital projects, create and manage department budgets.
- Act as facility point of contact for environmental compliance issues within manufacturing operations.
- Develop and implement environmental training and education programs in compliance with applicable regulations and corporate requirements.
- Collect and compile all information and data necessary to prepare complete and accurate environmental regulatory permits, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting requirements for assigned units or medias.
- Conduct routine environmental inspection/audits to support day to day compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Serve as facility point of contact with state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Work with operations and facility management to meet environmental expectations and implement corporate programs.
- In coordination with Safety Engineer, provide extensive involvement in LMTC SEAL and Safety programs, as well as in Process Safety Management (PSM) program.
- Maintain environmental compliance records including training records, waste generation, profiles, shipment and manifests, waste and water sampling records, and air emissions records.
- Responsible for gathering data and preparing reports as needed.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining chemicalinventory.
- Keep current with all required environmental training.
- Administer all necessary training to LMTC employees in order to achieve knowledge and compliance.
- Sign Hazardous Waste Shipment manifests.
- Conduct all required Environmental Training for plant associates as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, environmental or technical discipline and 3 years of professional experience or 1 year of professional experience with a related Master's degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multi-media compliance program.
- A demonstrated attention to detail, strong analytical and organization skill
- Experience in the management of the following types of programs is highly desired: DOT-Shipping Hazardous Materials, Regulated Waste Disposal, (RCRA Hazardous/Universal, Industrial Solid Wastes), Chemical Storage Tank Management, Compliance Audits and inspections, Emergency Response.
- Experience working in a chemical production industry.
- Experience in developing and leading both environmental training programs as well as environmental audits.