Pentair currently has an opening for an experienced technical sales professional to join our Flow Technologies team as an Engineered Sales Manager and contribute to our Municipal Pump sales operations in the Western USA Region.
In this role, the Engineered Sales Manager will be responsible for executing a customer-focused Infrastructure Sales & Aftermarket Strategy to drive Sales Growth within their territory while living Pentair’s Win-Right values. Commercial knowledge of the Municipal Market, combined with a technical background with centrifugal pumps and/or other engineered rotating industrial equipment, is paramount! The successful candidate will drive sales activities with Municipalities and Engineering Consultants by partnering closely with our channel partners in order to influence project product specifications and drive growth for our Pump Services Group business.
This person will be based out of a major metropolitan area in the Western USA region (e.g. Phoenix, AZ; Portland, OR; Sacramento, CA; etc.).
- Create career growth and rotational opportunities within various areas of the organization;
- Pay competitively;
- Provide on the job training and mentoring in Pentair’s proven best practices;
- Offer health benefits & coaching;
- Support your long term retirement goals through a competitive 401K matching and stock purchase plan;
- Offer employee discounts;
- Protect you with life insurance and other options;
- Tell you more about all the great benefits – just ask!
- Develop and be accountable for achieving the Territory Sales Growth Plan(s) & Key Sales Objectives.
- Partner with external Sales Representatives to create activity plans and annual sales budgets.
- Provide regularly-scheduled updates and forecasts for monthly & quarterly territory review meetings.
- Drive sales activities and market penetration by utilizing proven selling strategies & skills.
- Present technical innovative products & solutions in front of Engineers and End Users in order to influence project product specifications.
- Direct business development in conjunction with product management & marketing at both existing and new municipal customers.
- Support the Strategic Sales Process (including scope of supply review to customer specifications, project management, and sales / service training for our partners).
- Attend project equipment start-ups.
- Gather Voice of the Customer [VoC] information and ensure alignment with all supporting business functions throughout the organization.
- Coordinate efforts between Field Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Service, Finance, and Project Management to ensure the highest quality of customer satisfaction using Pentair WIN-RIGHT values.
- Keep up-to-date with recent market & industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies.
- Maintain professional & technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies (as approved by management).
- Display a Customer-First mindset: make it easy for customers to do business with Pentair; and maintain a tenacious dedication to meeting customer commitments.
- Cultivate long-term, sustainable, value-based relationships with our partners to ensure strong brand equity.
- Develop & maintain relationships with internal departments through communication of customer situations, opportunities, and overall market conditions.
- Develop & maintain a Sales Opportunity Funnel by using our CRMdatabase.
- Understand how to create customer value propositions and deliver solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Maintain the pulse of the competitive municipal market landscape (as well as that of our customer-base and their business needs) in order to develop new product innovations & solutions.
- Participate in Kaizen Events (as required) in order to improve internal/external processes and communication.
- Attend local & national market-focused conferences and trade shows (e.g. WEFTEC, etc.).
- Adhere to all corporate policies, especially with a Safety-First attitude.
- Travel approximately 60% of the time.
- Be asked to take on additional duties, as needed.
- Have earned at least a Bachelor's Degree (e.g. B.A. or B.S.).
- Have at least 7 years of professional experience in Sales, Marketing, Project Management, and/or Engineering.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
We like, but don’t require:
- Completion of technical coursework; Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering field of study if a plus.
- Deep experienceworking with pumps and/or mechanical rotating equipment; expertise with centrifugal, submersible centrifugal, and/or fire pumps is a plus.
- Deep understanding of water and wastewater applications / processes.
- Proven experience selling equipment to clients in the Municipal and/or Infrastructure market(s); experienceworking with Engineering / EPC firms if a plus.
- Proven success in a technical sales role working within indirect sales models while overseeing Channel Partners / external Sales Representatives.
- Experience in long cycle, contract-driven sales; experienceworking with major projects is a plus.
- Experience in price negotiation, as well as competitive analysis.
- Hands-on experience building valuable customer relationships (Internal & External).
- Demonstrated leadership skills, especially with the ability to provide constructive feedback to team members to support continuous improvement and positive behavioral change.
- Effective internal consulting skills along with the ability to positively influence others in a desired direction to achieve identified outcomes without direct lines of authority.
- Have above-average proficiency in relevant software programs (e.g. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), CRM (Salesforce.com is preferred), etc.).
Diversity and Inclusion:
With our expanding global presence, cross-cultural insight and competence are essential for our ongoing success. We believe that a diverse workforce contributes different perspectives and creative ideas that enable us to continue to improve every day. Race, gender, ethnicity, country of origin, age, personal style, sexual orientation, physical ability, religion, life experiences and many more factors contribute to this diversity.
We take ongoing action to improve the diversity of our workforce by:
- Ensuring leadership involvement and ownership
- Attracting and retaining diverse talent at all levels
- Fostering a globally aware, inclusive culture
- Ensuring our practices are fair and non-discriminatory