As Lead, Engineered Products and Solutions (EP&S) Operations Planning, you will be reporting to the Director, EP&S Operations Planning and Business Systems and working along with EP&S leadership to design and implement global operating programs for EP&S;
This senior management position will be responsible for transforming and establishing consistency across EP&S for Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP). Specifically, driving standardization and best practices across forecasting, order and inventory management, production planning, overall conversion cost allocation efficiency, warehouse, and transportation operations for each division.
The position will develop and execute a vision and drive discipline that delivers operational excellence, resulting in world class customer service and efficiency. Position will need to establish metrics necessary to track supply chain effectiveness, efficiency, and opportunities. This key leader will drive the importance of a strategic sourcing processes to leverage capacity and improve reaction time to market disruptions within the EP&S division.
- Define, design and implement supply chain tools necessary to support a word-class supply chain based on a fully implemented sales and operations planning structure.
- Track the progress of implementation of core Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) processes across plants and businesses. Directly support the development and implementation of key standards and processes in high criticality plants.
- Lead transformational S&OP projects at high criticality plants including execution of strategic capacity studies to ensure efficient and effective deployment/utilization of resources to meet demand while optimizing conversion costs and inventory turns.
- Cultivate a world-class supply chain organization through identifying, coaching and mentoring supply chain professionals and operations leaders as part of an overall talent management effort to recruit, retain, and engage top talent.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement processes that ensures supply chain maintains world-class status.
- Work with the EP&S Lead Team in developing strategic EP&S monthly, quarterly reports to the Arconic Executive Lead Team, as appropriate.
In addition to tracking and communicating progress, the incumbent will establish short-term and long-term objectives for the supply-chain organization which will enable Arconic EP&S to meet or exceed its business objectives through world-class customer service and efficiency.
This role will participate in EP&S and BU-level meetings, Business reviews, and Financial Planning meetings, as appropriate.
This position will report directly to the Director, EP&S Operations Planning and Business Systems, with whom s/he will establish and be held accountable for improvement in efficiency, reliability and responsiveness targets for EP&S.
This position will interact with external partners, as needed, as well as the following internal partners:
- Manufacturing leadership and facilities to support plan compliance, effective headcount planning, alignment with production capabilities, Inventory levels and improvements in efficiency, reliability, and responsiveness.
- Sales and Marketing to support supply chain’s effectiveness in meeting market requirements, building customer relationships, and managing customer expectations.
- Information Systems in the definition, design, budgeting, and implementation of tools necessary to support world-class supply chain processes.
- Finance in developing and tracking cash-flow, operating expenses, and capital budgets.
•Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution •Minimum of 10 years experience in manufacturing processes•Minimum of 5 years of leadership experience in an industrial setting •Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
•A successful track record of being able to establish supply chain strategy and translate the strategy into activities that will reduce manufacturing costs and drive gross margin improvements.•Ability to manage multiple strategic projects in a fast paced, intense, results-oriented environment•Exceptional command of advanced analytical skills and serious mathematical prowess (i.e., strong financial analysis skills)•Highly developed verbal, written and presentation skills and ability to tailor messaging for various audiences and stakeholders•Extensive knowledge of Arconic strategy, processes, and systems•Understanding of new products/technologies/industries•MBA graduate from top MBA school in the US with strategy or operations focus•5+ Years of experience in Supply Chain Management•5+ Years of experience in castings, forgings, extrusions, fasteners and /or aerospace industry•Engineering or Manufacturing background•S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) implementation experience in manufacturing plants•The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of incumbents in this job classification.