Engineer - Waterfront / Marine
15+ years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Langan has opportunities for a Senior Personnel Manager with waterfront development and marine experience at our New York City office. Join us and work with collaborative, multi-disciplinary (geotechnical, site/civil, environmental, etc.) project teams, assist with expanding our waterfront and marine capabilities, and grow the firm. As the successful candidate, you will be working on both small-scale and large-scale projects in the public and private sectors.
Langan provides an integrated mix of engineering and environmental consulting services in support of land development projects, corporate real estate portfolios, and the oil and gas industry. The firm, which has 1,000 employees in 23 US offices and multiple international locations, brings measurable value to its diverse client base, which includes developers, property owners, public agencies, corporations, institutions, and energy companies around the world.
With more than 125 LEED APs, the firm ranks among the top Design Firms by Engineering News-Record and has consistently ranked among the Best Engineering Firms to Work For by CE News.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish. Join our team of industry leaders and make a difference on some of the most exciting and interesting projects in the field!
- Master’s degree in Civil, Geotechnical, Marine, Ocean Engineering, or related;
- Possess Professional Engineer licensure in New York (PE licenses in additional states a plus);
- Possess a minimum of 20 years of experience in project management and waterfront structure design;
- Project experience in port, pier, and/or other maritime developments, resiliency projects, container terminals, and various marine/waterfront structures;
- Experience in partnering with engineers, planners, architects, landscape architects, and other disciplines on waterfront projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical, multitasking, and judgment capabilities;
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment;
- Some field work is required; and
- Position requires work Monday through Friday with occasional evenings and weekends and occasional travel nationally and internationally.
Langan offers its employees opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!
We offer competitive compensation packages; full-time employment company paid medical, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance; 401(k)/Roth with company match; extensive training; buddy and mentoring programs; employee referral and professional license bonuses; educational reimbursement; and much more!