$80K — $100K *
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical leadership supporting bench testing and analytical methods that focus on lubricant performance testing. This role is in the Testing Division’s Blend Test Services (BTS) group that supports Lubrizol Additives in product development to “Move Cleaner, Create Smarter and Live Better.”
• Provide strong technical support to a technician staff responsible for running a variety of testing methods that evaluate lubricant performance and characteristics. The test methods include a variety of industry methods such as (ASTM, CEC, ISO, etc.) as well as internally developed methods.
• Collaborate with Lubrizol business units to identify emerging testing needs.
• Provide technical leadership in the development or implementation of new testing methods that meet Lubrizol’s business needs by providing improved product differentiation, characterization of performance, or increased precision and accuracy.
• Evaluate and improve existing testing processes resulting in cost savings, improved accuracy and/or precision of methods.
• Collaborate globally with other Lubrizol Testing Division laboratories to help ensure consistent testing processes and results across all labs.
• Represent Lubrizol in industry forums (such as ASTM, CEC, ISO, etc.) and demonstrate leadership through advocacy.
• Maintain high ethical standards at all times and ensure quality and safety are key considerations in all activities.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering.
Minimum 3 years of experience in testing.
Experience in the development of test methods and testing equipment.
Knowledge and expertise in design and operation of bench testing equipment.
Knowledge of lubricants and/or lubricant additives testing considered a plus.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Must possess strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with colleagues at multiple levels of an organization.
Valid through: 10/30/2020