Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities.
Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
We’re changing the world. Let us start with yours.
First Solar’s sales department seeks candidates who believe in our mission of providing cost-advantaged solar technology through innovation, customer engagement, industry leadership and operational excellence. First Solar’s sales team is responsible for building sales and revenue generation by leveraging the company’s differentiated products and industry-leading execution capabilities. Their mission is to engage customers, service their needs and win their business and trust, all while working collaboratively across First Solar functions to create innovative offerings to support First Solar’s growth, profitability and liquidity goals.
The sales team looks for motivated individuals to engage the market with products, systems and services that meet our customers’ renewable energy needs and continuously look for ways to improve processes to help us lead the world’s sustainable energy future.
- 4+ years power industry experience with knowledge of project design, cost estimating, scheduling management and execution and/or technical sales
- Prior experience in the solar industry desirable
Professional Engineer Registration preferred Education:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline, (i.e. BSEE, BSME, BSCE, BSChE);
- Advanced Business degree preferred, but not required
- Professional Engineer Registration preferred, but not required
- Must possess technical knowledge of related engineering systems, equipment,
and construction methods/materials
- Aptitude for and/or knowledge of project engineering, procurement and construction processes/procedures
- Strong customer relationship skills and ability to effectively communicate technical parameters of a power plant to customers
- Knowledge of engineering economics and optimization process
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Strong computing skills including MS Office Suite and engineering programs
- Organized with the ability to simultaneously manage customer relationships and close transactions
- Working with the origination leads, effectively engage in the consultative selling process to and communicate First Solar’s technical value proposition to customers via phone calls, email, in-person meetings, proposals etc
- Provide technical support in generating sales proposals
- Coordinate the generation of EPC cost estimates, schedules, layouts, energy predictions, and scope/assumptions and exclusions documents
- Review technical portions of proposals including ensuring site layouts, plant performance estimates, plant capital and O&M cost estimates are aligned with the commercial offer
- Read technical portions of RFPs and coordinate with SMEs to develop First Solar technical responses
- Review and provide initial feedback to customers on energy predictions
- Provide indicative layouts and energy predictions to customers using PlantDesign and PlantPredict and provide continuous improvement feedback to the software development teams for those tools
- Be fluent and stay informed of the technical and competitive landscape in the industry
- Be fluent and stay current on the offerings of key Ecosystem providers for structure and other balance-of-plant equipment
- Develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with internal clients at both the senior management and staff level
- Collaborate with deal leads on transaction schedule and technical aspects with commercial implication
- Prepare EPC Project Manager and deal negotiating lead for contract negotiation
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
- Technical Sales Manager - US
- This position will not have direct reports
- Up to 30% per year