Our high growth and leadership position in the renewable energy business offers outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting work environment in one of the most important industries for the 21st century. First Solar is a leader in the development and manufacturing of thin film solar modules used in grid-connected solar power plants, as well as a provider of complete solar generation solutions for U.S. utilities. Our culture is one where teamwork, continuous improvement, achievement of results, and environmental responsibility are core values. We are seeking new associates who are motivated to contribute their talents to making cost-effective solar energy an important part of the world’s energy mix.
Primary Job Functions:
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Identifies and develops technical sales collateral to promote bankability and value creation of product and solution offerings; Educates and trains internal teams on use in support of sales efforts and new market development
- Represents the regional customer voice associated with technical product requirements and solutions. Contribute to development and refinement of FS product advances and roadmaps.
- Support business development efforts on the conceptual design and cost estimating of large commercial and utility scale PV plants
- Perform technical due diligence on RFPs and new project opportunities and coordinate the generation of required responses and documents. Lead cross-functional response development and resolution of open issues as required.
- Interact with customer technical and commercial staff during the project development process and interpret technical solution requirements and collateral requirements to support engagements.
- Become an expert in PV plant output performance predictions and utilize programs such as PVSyst and PlantPredict to simulate energy production
- Become fluent in the technical aspects of interconnecting PV power plants to the utility grid as required by the sales process
- Be technically proficient with FS modules, system designs and technical performance.
- Remain current on all customer and industry related news and events
- Lead customer meetings and site visits for demonstrating strength of product/solution offering
- Develop, manage, and distribute technical sales collateral in support of internal and external technical education/training in support of new product launch, new market entry, and new customer acquisition
- Assist with new business development activities including leading customer technical presentations and maintaining primary customer technical relationships.
- 2+ years professional experience in PV Module/Systems
- 2+ years of customer-facing experience (PV Module/Systems experience strongly preferred).
- 5+ years professional experience preferably in renewables, utility or construction-related fields.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the high level design and performance analysis of PV Modules, PV systems, and Grid Integration.
- Experience/knowledge of design and permitting process/activities for construction projects
- Strong organizational skills and experience managing multiple projects in parallel
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical or Electricalpreferred)
- Masters/MBA (a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demeanor
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to simplify complex business and technical arguments and deliver to diverse audiences
- Ability to assist with the engineering, and cost estimation of the procurement and construction of PV power plants
- Proficiency in MS Office and AutoCAD with a strong capability in Excel
- Proficiency in PV simulation programs
- Proficiency in Statistical Data Analysis techniques
- Multi-lingual (a plus)
- Up to 50% travel at times, including occasional international travel