Polaris Alpha develops innovative solutions to the most significant challenges affecting our Nation's ability to collect, utilize, and defend digital information. We’re passionate about developing cutting-edge, creative solutions, and fostering a highly sought-out place of employment for many of the brightest minds in the industry. We are the best because we hire the best. At Polaris Alpha, we have developed a culture of going above and beyond the normal expectations in the delivery of our work. Our clients and employees are the number one reason why we’re successful, and that formula won’t be changing!
Seeking a Senior Engineer providing MLoS and other networking support for CJTF-OIR programs and other missions as required in Kuwait, Iraq, and other countries as directed in the Middle East and Southwest Asia. Individuals will be performing a wide range of activities to include site survey, network installations, and mission upgrade of networking and communication equipment throughout. Qualified individuals will interface and communicate with operational customers in Theater and other team members to successfully perform integration, configuration, and maintenance of software and hardware assets in a large multi-protocol environment. Individuals will also perform setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of workstations, Cisco switches and routers, and other types of peripheral equipment and software. Selected candidates must be capable of coordinating with military and civilian personnel in Theater to plan, support, resolve and document network infrastructure related issues. In coordination with the Fielding and Program offices, FSRs will forward deploy to the different FOBs and perform the required site surveys, installation and software and hardware upgrades in accordance with specifications (provided by the government). Tasks may include (but not limited to):
- Identify height requirements to establish line of sight radio connections and installation of such equipment
- Conduct sight surveys to determine what networking hardware is required to establish network connectivity for the dissemination of data, voice and video, possibly including FMV from sensor to enterprise.
- Installation of new software and hardware components.
- Configuration of communication and network equipment (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, DMVPN, BGP, Multicast, IGMP, PIM-DM/SM, Rendezvous Points, GRE (mGRE), and AES/IPSEC encryption)
- Equipment Troubleshooting
Additional duties may include providing feedback to CONUS technical support on the status and performance of the system and capturing lessons learned and best practices to refine standard operating procedures. It is likely that during this deployment period, you will be operating under hazardous conditions and living in an austere environment equivalent to the active duty US military units with whom you will be assigned. While deployed overseas, the current level of effort, subject to change, required for successful execution of this position is 12 hours per day, 7 days per week for up to 365 working days, not including paid or unpaid leave.
Requires BS 5-7 Years, MS 3-5, PhD 0-2
Personnel will be required to become Certified Tower Climbers. Training will be conducted by Program Personnel that are Certified Tower Climbing Instructors. Equipment will be provided. Tallest tower climbing requirement is 250-feet tall. Average towers are 120-feet tall. Training required also includes rescue climbing utilizing ropes, pulleys, and other standard climbing gear.
- Must have a working knowledge of solid state components, their functions, capabilities and limitations. Must beexperienced in soldering and wiring printedcircuit boards and their integration into an operating system. Must haveexperiencein the racking and stacking of electronic equipment and making minor changes in components to improve operation, eliminate overloads, etc. Must be able to interpret block diagrams.
Previous deployment experience a plus
Preferred technical training in computer science or related field; Knowledge of CISCO equipment with experience with Network +, A+, TIA CAT5, CAT5e, CAT6; Inside/Outside Plant; Computers and Electronics troubleshooting and repair; and Administrative Skills including the use of Microsoft Office Suite Products.