At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an immediate opening for a Systems Test Engineer 3 at our Palmdale, California facility. The primary job responsibilities are, but not limited, to the following:
- Develop and publish detailed test plans, test schedules, and test procedures for developmental testing.
- Provide laboratory support for integration testing.
- Support and host test planning working groups.
- Interface with test article design and analysis teams to define test configuration and data requirements.
- Contribute to test card development and review in collaboration with other engineering disciplines and test operations personnel.
- Conduct test readiness reviews, and pre/posttest briefings.
- Provide mission control room support and make real-time decisions regarding safety, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Conduct and contribute to pre-flight and post-test data analyses to support anomaly identification and resolution.
- Maintain metrics on status of testing and constraints
- Individual will serve as either a principal subject matter focal point between maintenance, design engineering, and test site team.
- Individual will work under only general direction to determine and develop approaches to solutions
- Individual will work within a team environment and independently
Basic Qualifications: (You must possess these qualifications in order to be considered for this position)
- Must have a Bachelors’ degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics) and a minimum of 5 years of engineering experience or 3 years with an MS Degree
- Systems Test Engineering experience
- Special program access required
- Overtime, odd shifts, and weekend work will occasionally be required.
- Current Active DOD Top Secret clearance is required.
- Must be able to travel as program needs up to 50%.
- In depth knowledge of or flight test experience, to include control room monitoring, in one of the following disciplines: Payloads, Mission Systems, or Subsystems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Integrated Analysis & Data System (IADS).
- Aircraft engineering testing