The systems engineer will lead system and subsystem level requirements generation, development, decomposition, design analyses, operational concept definition, and traceability for the total system.
- Allocate, deploy and manage internal and external stakeholder/customer, system, and subsystem level requirements.
- Manage changes to requirements, troubleshoot conflicts, and understand impacts.
- Support risk assessments and develop risk mitigation.
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents.
- Support development of Whitepapers and Bid and Proposal opportunities.
- Prepare system engineering and specialty engineering CDRL's.
- Define control system interfaces - external/internal.
- Develop functional, operational, physical, and interface architecture block diagrams.
- Perform trade studies, investigate alternatives and provide recommendations.
- Collaboration with Agile Scrum teams and support of team demonstrations.
Required Education and Experience
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Electronics, Mechanical Computer Science or Systems Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience working in an Electronics, Mechanical Computer Science or Engineering field.
- Experience with requirements management tools, preferably IBM DOORs or Jama Connect.
- CMMI, AS 9100 and ISO 9000 process development experience.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies and tools.
- Capability to adapt to industry-wide used modeling and requirements management tools as needed.
- Ability to integrate into a small, high-performing engineering team.
- Must possess a high level of professional knowledge and skills to resolve product, process and system design.
- Applied hands-on implementation expertise in product system architecture and requirements management tools.
- Ability to properly manage customer expectations and clearly understand their requirements.
- Ability to prepare successful customer proposals.