This is a Regional RF Planning position. Responsible mainly for the strategic RF planning of the multi band LTE/UMTS/GSM networks for T-Mobile USA. Will be a key member of the team that provides guidance/guidelines on design, planning, capacity management, and deployment of LTE, UMTS and GSM networks for the field. Develops national or regional standards, documents, processes, and practices. Manages multiple national or regional projects. May be required to do in depth analysis (both fiscal and technical) and design of new features and technologies that may span national or regional geography as well as mentoring junior engineers. Provides regular performance reports for nodes, interfaces, and services across the T-Mobile network on a national basis. Supports multiple regional/national projects. Ensures that new services are deployed nationally with associated KPIs and parameter recommendations. Supports performance related lab and FOA activities.
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Works with different RF Planning tools especially Asset. Exposure to iBwave in-building planning tool a definite plus. Has hands on experience of 4G technologies (UMTS/LTE). Experience with NSN UMTS/LTE network infrastructure will be preferred.
- Solves complex issues in the areas of RF engineering; utilizing RF propagation modeling and prediction, design principles and network optimization techniques.
- Creates and updates RF Design Sheets (RFDSs) with a good understanding of link budget.
- Collaborates with national or market teams on national/regional projects and new initiatives and ensures adherence to standards.
- Possesses knowledge of spectrum management, cell site equipment layout strategies/configurations, ancillary equipment and solutions.
- Partners with the market and national teams to provide consolidated input/feedback on new strategic initiatives, processes and procedures.
- Solves unique problems through evaluative judgment and precedent. Independently applies sophisticated analysis in evaluating issues and develops new concepts, methods and techniques for cross-functional initiatives. Recognizes and pursues alternative methods.
- Coordinates across multiple departments, promotes active listening and open communication.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- Experience with Microwave Planning, experience with Ceragon and Aviat microwave hardware.
- Knowledge RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
- Experienced in the use of different RF Planning tools and especially Asset. Exposure to iBwave in-building planning tool a definite plus.
- Experienced in the design of UMTS/LTE networks. Has mastery of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory.
- Experience with NSN UMTS/LTE network infrastructure will be preferred.
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office. Proficiency with Excel macros and SQL programming a plus.
- Working level MapInfo skills. Knowledge of Map Basic a plus.
- Able to develop and articulate technical strategies.
- Self-motivated, highly energetic, displays a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure to meet aggressive project timelines.
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting, communication and team skills.
- 3-4+ years RF Engineering experience
· Technical Project Management
· Experience in LTE technology and protocols.
- Bachelors Degree. Technical discipline
- In lieu of degree, equivalent experience within a technical telecommunications field may be considered