Hope in healing
Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients’ quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm; On Call rotation
The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective design, coordination, installation/configuration, and development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) enterprise infrastructure services and related software. The Systems Engineer is responsible for ensuring enterprise systems are implemented to include high-availability, redundancy, and in support of the organizations disaster recovery and business continuity requirements. Provides technical research and development to enable continuing innovation. This individual works closely with peers, Principal Engineers, Senior Engineers, and Administrators to ensure overall interdependent hardware, hypervisor, operating systems, monitoring systems, services and related procedures adhere to organizational requirements and SOPs. The Systems Engineer may hold one or more focuses within Infrastructure Services disciplines, such as Virtual Server/Cloud Infrastructure, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), unified/converged infrastructure, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solutions, Messaging & Collaboration Services, LDAP/Directory & Domain Naming Services, Authentication & Identify Services, Video Conferencing, Desktop & Mobile Engineering, Application Delivery via Citrix, Application Packaging & Delivery via SCCM, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Endpoint Patch & Policy Management, Print Management, Office 365 & Azure services, Certificate Authority Services, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, Apple iOS & Mac, Unix/Linux, Internet Information Services (IIS), PowerShell scripting, system performance and fault monitoring systems. This position provides next escalation point for Operations personnel and is responsible for providing timely response and diagnosis of issues directly or remotely. When necessary may also adjust work hours to perform tasks at times least impactful to customers
- The Systems Engineer is expected to deliver the implementation of hosting infrastructure, systems, and related software for projects and upgrades, coordinating with other stakeholders and managing vendors. The Systems Engineer is expected to consult and work with the storage engineering team, network team, server administrators, and application owners to provide the infrastructure to support CTCA applications.
- The administration of the hosting infrastructure, operating systems, including cloud services, hypervisor servers and architecture, monitoring, and management, design of virtual machine & operating system templates, and policies to industry best practices standards, and all supporting systems for the server and compute environment. The Systems Engineer should ensure that all systems in their care are designed, deployed, and managed consistent with application requirements, high availability, and cost efficiency wherever possible.
- The Systems Engineer should fully document implementations; SOP’s, upgrades, or changes to the infrastructure, systems, and software using clear Visio drawings, concise and descriptive documentation, spreadsheets, and other formats as agreed upon with management.
- Secures the infrastructure, services, and the software by establishing and enforcing server system security policies; defining and monitoring access and ensuring that all management systems are highly secure.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; manufacturer documentation; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides constructive feedback and mentoring to others on team(s).Works with business/stakeholders on understanding their needs and concerns.Clearly communicates with stakeholders on non-technical level and provide an excellent customer service experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Computer Information or equivalent experience in the appropriate fields is required.
- 3+ years of experiencesupporting systems and virtualized infrastructure in an Enterprise environment is required
- Certifications within one or multiple infrastructure disciplines/solutions preferred (e.g.; Microsoft MCP/MCSA/MCSE; VMware VCA/VCP; Citrix CCA)
- IT experience within a multi-facility healthcare organization is preferred
- Demonstrated within multiple areas, such as Microsoft Windows Server/Desktop, VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, Cisco UCS, MS Exchange, LDAP/AD/DNS, Video Conferencing, O365 Suite and Services, Azure, AirWatch MDM, Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop, SCCM, Endpoint Patch & Policy Mgmt, MS Certificate Authority Services, Apple iOS/Mac, Unix/Linux, IIS, Authentication & Identity Services, multi-tenant Cloud, systems & app performance monitoring, PowerShell scripting.
- Understanding of Microsoft Operating System troubleshooting, including DNS, Directory Services and permissions issues, and systems hardware troubleshooting
- Basic understanding of routing protocols and server facing network configurations
- Understanding of TCP/IP, with the ability to subnet and troubleshoot misconfiguration issues.
- Proficient with Visio drawings, Microsoft Office Suite, and technical documentation of systems.
- Experience using help desk software such as Remedy
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Develop solutions that are cost conscious, while being technically sound and supporting business requirements.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with minimal direction to prioritize and execute tasks.
- Highly effective team member with ability to mentor and delegate tasks.
Job Reference #: JR-00101