System Architecture Engineer - Ran Performance
T-Mobile USA is a leading provider of digital LTE, UMTS & GSM/GPRS wireless voice and data technology standards. The Systems Architecture - Engineer located in Bellevue, WA is responsible for driving RAN Performance improvement initiatives. Applies engineering principles to optimize network coverage, performance, and capacity. May be required to lead a team of engineers on specific projects. Serves as a technical subject matter expert and may be required to do in depth analysis of new features and technologies. Will be required to perform in-depth analysis of customer/network metrics to identify actionable insights and drive performance improvements
What you'll do in your role.
- Demonstrated ability as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) working with Ericsson RAN
- Experienced working in a RAN Performance-Optimization capacity on UMTS, LTE & VoLTE networks. Work within SME workgroups to suggest, trial and rollout key improvement initiatives
- Utilize statistical/big data skills to analyze key customer, crowd-source, RAN KPI trends and drill down to isolate root cause and resolve issues
- Responsible for validating & signing off on RAN Performance impacts from RAN S/W & HW FOAs and new feature introductions such as 5G, NB-IoT, FD MIMO etc;
- Experienced with small cell DAS validation, testing & optimization. Perform analysis of Performance/Capacity benefits, tradeoffs between macro & small cells & suggest network improvement initiatives
- Work in cross-functional teams whilst using tools such as TrueCall, EEA, IRIS, Actix, TEMS to troubleshoot and provide analytics on RAN, Core, IMS, VoLTE, Video issues
- Prepare content for steering meetings with vendors & upper management to provide weekly readouts on LTE, UMTS & GSM Performance.
- Provide brown bag sessions, technical analysis & troubleshooting readouts to Regional/Markets teams
- Propose, Design & drive SON related automation initiatives to improve network performance.
The experience you'll bring.
- 2+ Years Technical engineering experience
- 2+ years working with Ericsson LTE RAN to identify, optimize & troubleshoot network issues
- Demonstrated understanding of RF propagation principles, cellular theory, RF engineering tools and antenna theory
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable Wireless industry standards. E.g. LTE, UMTS, GSM, 3GPP, ITUT, ANSI, etc
- 1+ years of experience with SQL, Python, Hadoop
- Focus: Able to communicate goals in support of the business' mission.
- Drive: Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure with minimal supervision – including the ability to simultaneously support multiple strategically significant tasks under fixed/accelerated deadlines.
- Teamwork: Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team. Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships that can provide information, assistance, and support
- Communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed. Express self clearly in conversations and interactions with others. Clear business and technical writing skills. The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Customer Focus: The ability to demonstrate concern and meet external and/or internal customers' needs
- Analytical: The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Technical Expertise: The ability to demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area.
- Bachelors Degree. Engineering, Computer Science
License or Certification
Must be able to communicate with others effectively through written communication methods. Must be able to communicate (talking, hearing, etc.) with others effectively through oral communication methods. This position requires working with a computer (k
T-Mobile US, Inc. offers a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.
T-Mobile US, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). We strongly support diversity in the workforce.