Redondo Beach, CA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
11 - 15 years
Posted 173 days ago
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitivediversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for aSystems Engineer 5 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The functions of this role will include: - Project lead for 2-4 junior simulation softwaredevelopers and mission engineers within the space battle management and resiliency area.- Collaborate with project stakeholders to evaluate customer needs in Space Battle Management, Command & Control (SBMC2) activities.- Develops modeling & simulation capabilities for insertion into the SBMC2architecture.- Works across space and payload activities to study and develop recommendations for how to incorporate satellites and payloads into a multi-domain openarchitecture.- Develops new and existing system of system simulation frameworks, performance models and algorithms,threat models and command and control models for SBMC2 pursuits.- Models operational environments, performstrade studies via computer simulation and recommends alternativearchitectures.
- Active TS/SSBI is required
- Experience in Space Modeling & Simulation activities
- BS degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with 14+ years of engineering experience OR STEM Master's degree with 12+ years OR STEM PhD with 9+ years
- Previous experience integrating complex software architectures in an integrated environment, supporting both real-time virtual, and constructive simulations
- Proven ability to provide leadership within a team environment and grow rapid prototyping environments is preferred
- Proficiency in one or more modern softwarelanguages
- Significant work experience in complex integrated simulation architectures systems development efforts and ground systems is preferred
- Strong computer/engineering modeling skills using C#/C++, Java, or other object oriented computer languages is preferred
- Significant system simulation experience using physics-based models is preferred.
- Proficiency in and/or technical understanding of Northrop Grumman and government operational analysis models is preferred, such as SEAS and AFSIM.