Redondo Beach, CA
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
8 - 10 years
Posted 166 days ago
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
OVERVIEW: Systems Engineer to develop and refine OPIR System Requirements and Verification Plans in support of System Requirements Review. Support and directly contribute to program deliverables as part of a dynamic program team.
JOB DUTIES: Individual will be responsible for performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions
that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Basic Qualifications: - Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 9+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR- Master’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 7+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR- PhD Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 4+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment - Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or active SCI
- Masters Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under limited direction within the scope of an assignment and use independent judgment in determining methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Must have excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to lead working groups and technical interchange meetings.
- Must be an exceptional analytical problem solver and systems-level thinker.
- Academic and work experience should include the support of several of the following disciplines: space vehicle design and analysis, functional analysis of requirements, design/integration and test, trade studies, performance analysis, interface control, and project management.