As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide Level 2 and 3 break/fix networking support for various clients, as well as performing remote management tasks for managed services clients, and will work 2nd shift. You'll respond to both tool and user reported incidents, escalating issues for junior teammates as needed. Works directly with client to communicate progress on tasks and provide recommendations to their infrastructure. The department expands across different technologies, such as data center, data protection, virtualization, networking, storage, voice, and collaboration.
Insight is looking for talented individuals who are passionate about emerging technologies and excited about the opportunity to work for industry-leading organizations!
What you'll do at Insight:
- Provides advanced product support and remediation of incidents in the clients environments. This includes proactive and preventative maintenance along with client infrastructure upgrades.
- Provides daily operational management of clients hardware and software configurations.
- Applies systems analysis techniques and procedures, including consulting with users, to determine hardware, software and system functional specifications.
- Maintains advanced software configurations and recommends new applications and equipment, including updates and patches and computer infrastructure components.
- Executes performance analysis of client environments and remediation tasks based on industry best practices. Implements formal written summary and action plans along with root cause analysis reports for clients management.
- Formulates, provides, and maintains advanced documentation for various critical business computing technologies including diagrams, configuration settings, usage policies, and operating practice.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
What you'll need to join Insight:
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field; or equivalent years of working experience.
- At least 5 years of experience working with Cisco Networking technologies, core Routing and Switching.
- Experience with Palo Alto and F5 technologies, Juniper a plus.
- Licenses and/or certifications
- Knowledge of systems analysis techniques and procedures
- Ability to work 2nd shift
- Must have the ability to keep current with alternative systems and technology and make technology recommendations to management consistent with the company's business and system strategies.
- Ability to exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance.