Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructural challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, water resources, traffic, transportation engineering, and parking consulting services, we engineer solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape our communities. Founded in 1931, we are headquartered in Houston, Texas and have more than 600+ professionals working across 18 U.S. offices and 5 international locations.
Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for a Structural Engineer to join their dynamic Structural Engineering team in the uptown Dallas office. The qualified candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience working on design of office buildings, healthcare facilities, sports venues and other large commercial structures with construction costs of $25 million and up.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with a team of structural engineers and drafters, providing leadership during analysis, design and construction administration project phases
- Lead the team in preparation of structural calculations, drawings and specifications packages
- Lead the team in construction administration duties, including responses to RFIs, review of submittals, and site visits.
- Interface with Architects and Contractors in meetings and through email/phone
- Mentor development of young engineers.
- 5-8years’ experience in relevant commercial building design
- Demonstrated career growth that includes experience working on design teams for a variety of building types
- Master’s in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- Texas P.E. a plus
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Req Number 2017-1342