Engineer - Stormwater / Waste - Water
AECOM is seeking a mid-level/senior storm water/waste water/engineer to provide program level guidance and support for the environmental compliance at federal facilities.
Responsibilities would include:
- Supporting a variety of project needs on all facets of regulatory compliance relating to storm water and waste water management, planning, and reporting, with the goals of:
- Delivering high quality products/outcomes
- Meeting financial and timeline performance requirements
- Achieving client satisfaction
The selected candidate will be involved in a variety of projects with the following duties:
- Support compliance with stormwater regulations including, newly adopted National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) stormwater permits, California Industrial NPDES Stormwater Permit, California Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) NPDES Permit, and the California Construction General Permit.
- Prepare reports including annual reports as required for storm water compliance.
- Prepare outreach material for the Educational Component of an MS4 Permit.
- Develop, prepare and deliver training program to address Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination.
- Develop a training program on pollution prevention and good housekeeping techniques.
- Review designated high priority storm drain system facilities.
- Review/update stormwater pollution prevention plans to include GIS maps with stormwater infrastructure information.
- Support compliance with wastewater regulations, including a Tertiary Treatment Plant NPDES permit, Master Reclamation/Recycling Permit(s), and Sewage Treatment Waste Discharge Requirements (WDR).
- Develop and update the SOP for Wastewater Compliance Reporting
- Prepare a Water Quality Monitoring Plan in accordance with State Water Resources Control Board WDRs.
- Delegate work, mentor, and supervise less experienced staff while managing projects of varying size and complexity
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering required
- 10+ years of experience
- Licensed and/or registration as professional engineer require
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and local (San Diego) environmental legislation and regulations with focus on storm water and waste water.
- Experience working with the Water Board Storm Water Multiple Application Reporting and Tracking System (SMARTS) Database.
- Strong working knowledge of the Small MS4 NPDES permit.
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
- Excellent organizational, technical writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ownership and accountability for quality deliverables.
- Abilities for multidiscipline work.
- Experience working with Federal clients
- One or more professional certification(s) related to storm water compliance (CPESC, CPSWQ, CESSWI, CPMSM, QSP, QSD, QISP, ToR, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience monitoring environmental legislation, providing guidance on the implementation of existing and proposed regulatory requirements and permit conditions.
- Proven ability to lead environmental permitting activities and act as a permit negotiator and regulatory interface.
- Experience creating programs, plans and procedures that comply with the CA NPDES General Permit for Storm Water Discharges.
- Has performed field verification of conceptual designs and construction plans using GIS, AutoCAD and/or Microstation software.
- Successfully working as an Environmental supportcontractor in a Federal government facility.