The Constellation Brands Senior Unified Communications Engineer role will be responsible for the engineering, operations and support of the Constellation Brands’ collaboration technologies. These technologies include, but are not limited to, Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco Unity, Cisco SPARK video, Cisco UCCX (Call Center), Cisco Meeting Server, Dial plan, etc. This position will assist in creating the enterprise vision and strategy for collaboration technologies, ensuring the provision of stable and efficient services for our stakeholders. The Senior Unified Communications Engineer will work with appropriate technology teams, business stakeholders, vendors and leadership to ensure that our services meet company needs and meet the required performance metrics and Service Level Agreements (SLAs). This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications and video systems and documentation.
- Participate in the development, delivery and maintenance of Constellation Brands’ Collaboration Strategy
- Designs, tests, installs and maintains audiovisual equipment along with IP telephony
- Maintains system documentation for Constellation Brands’ Unified Communication (UC) infrastructure
- Coordination of system and network changes according to our Change Management process
- Evaluates, recommends, justifies and ensures the proper toolsets and procedures are implemented, maintained and utilized
- Unified Communication problem management, reporting and escalation lead
- Review of current infrastructure and provide recommendations for optimization and value-added services/functionality where applicable
- Participates and leads large scale collaboration service project implementations including team members and across service providers.
- Directs vendors/partners in the successful completion of operational support activities.
- Ensure integrity and stability of the voice, video and data network services across the enterprise
- Monitor and remain abreast of emerging technologies for possible introduction into the organization
- Manages vendor relationships in all related technologies (Audio/Video, hardware, software, carriers, collaboration services, etc.) so that services are delivered to us effectively and efficiently.
- Must be able to participate in an on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Telecommunications
- 7-10 years of IT experience with a record of progressive career growth
- Extensive experience with Cisco’s collaboration suite of products such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unity Connect, Cisco Meeting Server (previously Acano)
- Solid experience with Cisco Voice Gateways and MGCP, SIP, H.323, SCCP, digital PRI/T1, analog FXO/FXS
- Experience with traditional Nortel PBX and voicemail system integration to a Cisco UC environment
- Solid experience in dial plan designs and implementations
- Application integration experience related to Cisco Unified Presence and integration of Cisco Jabber, Microsoft Skype for Business, etc.
- Deep technical experience and strong command of enterprise networking industry trends and ability to apply those for desired outcomes
- Proven ability to work business requirements into solutions that map to technology capabilities and integration with existing infrastructure
- Understanding of ITIL/ITSM principles in managing operational service delivery
- Proven track record of implementing significant IT infrastructure projects on schedule and budget
- Strong network, voice and video engineering experience with a variety of vendor solutions.
- Experience withthe following technologies:
- IP routing and switching with QoS
- Multi-Layer Switch Network and MPLS Network Design, Routing, Traffic Engineering Management
- Wireless Networking Protocols, Technologies Design and Management
- IPSec Protocol and Compliant Cisco Infrastructure Components (VPN, PIX/ASA/Palo Alto Firewall, Routers etc)
- VoIP and IP Telephony (CUCM)
- TDM PBX technologies (Nortel BCM/Option 11)
- Voice /Video / Data convergence technology solution and deployment strategies of Cisco Telepresence (Cisco SPARK and SX endpoints)
- IP Services (DNS/DHCP)
- ITIL Ticketing tools such as ServiceNow
- Solarwinds, Vyopta, Scrutinizer
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working with vendors and service providers.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills, and advanced problem-solving orientation and decision making skills. Proven ability to develop, present and justify positions to all levels within the company.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LocationCanandaigua, New York
Additional LocationsChicago, Illinois
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaInformation Technology
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
- Apply with LinkedIn