Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
Sr. Software Engineer
About the role:
Our Research and Development team is all about building the future of the operating room and office for urology patients and clinicians. As a Senior R&D Engineer, you'll be at the heart of that mission, developing best-in-class capital systems and processes as part of our comprehensive portfolio of solutions. In return for your unique combination of big-picture perspective, ability to execute rigorously, and strong desire to win in the marketplace you'll be a trusted leader collaborating with some of most dynamic minds in the business. All in an environment that encourages people to take measured risks, learn from mistakes, and push the boundaries of engineering.
- Leading software system design, development, integration, and testing for capital systems.
- Translating high-level user needs into actionable system and technical requirements.
- Developing and maintaining software platform architectural design.
- Collaborating with cross-functional experts in a wide range of fields to solve complex engineering and business challenges.
- Translating highly technical results into easily understood recommendations that will influence senior stakeholders.
- Managing third party designers, vendors, and contractors to deliver high quality engineering solutions at an accelerated pace.
- Coaching a driven team of engineers and technicians, ensuring they have the skills, tools, and opportunities needed continuously raise the bar on team performance.
What we’re looking for in you
- 5+ years software development in lead roles, preferably in a regulated industry.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with appropriate experience (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.). Masters preferred.
- Multithreaded application development that includes testing and debugging C/C++ in Linux environments. Experience with Qt a plus.
- Passion for understanding and solving problems for end users. Systems engineering mindset, able to translate system performance and operation specifications into software requirements, design, and test specifications.
- Track record of strong cross-functional collaboration, influence without authority, and project management enabling highly effective project teams.
- Proven self-starter who runs towards critical issues, ambiguous requirements, or loosely defined challenges with a demonstrated ability to rally teams to achieve business results.
- Experience with filesystems, concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, and distributed systems.
- Experience with network protocols (TCP, TLS/SSL, HTTP) and web services (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Comfortable debugging complex integrated systems spanning hardware, embedded and application software.
- Background in image processing, signal processing, or control systems implementation a plus
- Understanding of working within a quality system, IEC and ISO standards relevant to medical device software lifecycle and risk management (i.e. IEC62304).
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 423862