Additional Locations: Diversity - Innovation - Caring - Global Collaboration - Winning Spirit - High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we'll give you the opportunity to harness all that's within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we'll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you'll be supported in progressing - whatever your ambitions.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Scientist/Engineer supporting Interventional Cardiology projects. This role will utilize a variety of new and proven technologies to deliver life-changing medical devices to patients and clinicians in support of BSC's mission. This is a highly technical, hands-on role supporting the development and characterization of next generation drug-eluting coatings.
- Support formulation development of new and existing coatings to improve and expand an existing product portfolio by addressing unmet needs
- Lead technical resources through the end-to-end new product development process, taking devices from exploratory concepts to full commercialization
- Serve as a subject matter expert within the division, supporting the continuous activities required to sustain multiple existing product lines.
- Solve complex technical problems using theoretical analysis, experimentation, and problem-solving methodologies to make data-based design decisions.
- Design and execute engineering studies to characterize performance, demonstrate safety, efficacy and compliance with relevant requirements and standards.
- Provide technical mentorship and coaching to junior engineers and technicians to assist with their development and building of the talent pipeline
- PhD in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, or polymer science.
- Five years of experience in medical device or pharmaceutical product development.
- Experience with formulation development and characterization of controlled drug release coatings and combination products.
- Experience successfully connecting in vitro results to in vivo preclinical results.
- Hands-on self-starter who can make consistent progress with minimal direction in the face of ambiguous and evolving project goals.
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most - united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do - as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn't just business, it's personal. And if you're a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.Job Segment:
Medical, Chemical Engineer, Engineer, Materials Science, R&D Engineer, Healthcare, Engineering, Science