Engineering at Nordstrom involves applying scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain scalable and sustainable technology products, devices, systems and solutions. These technology products and solutions provide amazing customer experiences while meeting the needs of the business.
A Senior Engineer is part of a key team of Nordstrom Technology professionals that applies scientific, mathematical and social principles to design, build, and maintain technology products, devices, systems and solutions.
• Possesses extensive expertise of engineering practices
• Responsible for full end-to-end solution, integration design and collaborates across team, partners, and organization
• Scope and accountability is end-to-end and has the ability to work across organization on integration
• Influences decisions that impact project level deliverables, tests all scenarios and drives quality at the end to end solution level
• Performs quality reviews and ensures appropriate quality processes and solutions meet internal and external customer requirements
• Identifies performance issues and optimizes solution and infrastructure
• Ensures security coding practices and security system fundamentals across end-to-end solution
• Understands security protocols, and interprets security and compliance requirements
• Identifies important areas to instrument, ensures quality of instrumentation across end-to-end solution
• Identifies & interprets KPIs for continuous improvement across end-to-end solution and ensures adherence to Engineering best practices across entire solution. Examples:
• Ensures appropriate data structures used throughout solution
• Applies algorithm and data structure knowledge as well as knowledge of underlying platforms/frameworks to diagnose and optimize the most difficult performance issues
• Ensures clean and performant data modeling across entire solution, including choices of normalized vs. denormalized data
• Ensures adherence to SOLID principles and use of relevant design patterns across entire solution.
• Applies detailed knowledge of Internet protocols when designing API's and diagnosing issues
• Applies detailed knowledge of network protocols and operating system specifics when diagnosing issues or configuring infrastructure
• Ensures adherence to Engineering best practices across entire solution and displays awareness of industry trends in technologies and Engineering practices
This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned
• Provides amazing experiences to both internal and external customers by seeing the big picture, understanding needs and tying them to results, and driving value
• Demonstrates a positive mindset, high levels of character and integrity, and a keen awareness of continuous improvement
• Understands how team efforts are aligned with organizational objectives and priorities
• Advises and collaborates with others to develop strong, positive working relationships across all levels of the organization to drive success of projects and efforts
• Offers creative, innovative, data-based solutions by focusing on forward progress and creativity, even when working through complex, often competing needs
• Adjusts positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals
• Listens to and embraces ideas and insights from others to find better solutions
• BS or MS in CS, Engineering
• 6+years of professional experience in and across discipline
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits.Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.