At Northrop Grumman, innovation isn’t just an idea –it’s a way of life. Our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future.
We seek an experienced Software Quality Engineer to support our Monterey, California location (remote work with some travel may be acceptable). A successful candidate would excel in a rapid execution, cross discipline and distributed environment with small teams. As such, a significant breadth of experience is needed to cover the entire system life cycle and a vast array of technologies. Significant emphasis will be placed on demonstrated intellectual agility and ability to learn and apply new technologies rapidly over direct experience with specific technologies. The position supports research teams doing largely exploratory data analysis and thus the exact methods cannot be enumerated up front. This position will:
- Develop and maintain quality evaluation plans to assist program activities for processing software and materials into finished products.
- Develop and maintain software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of software products.
- Design and implement build procedures used in support of software product development and use.
- Troubleshoot build and integration issues
- Perform sys admin tasks to support software team and program efforts.
- Assist in authoring software design descriptions and requirements.
- Review applicable specifications, materials, tools, techniques, and methodologies.
- Interact with senior government stakeholders
- 5 Years of experience with a Bachelors of Science in a STEM discipline
- Knowledgeable of Software Configuration Management (CM) processes and tools (Svn or Git / GitLab)
- Knowledgeable with Unit testing processes, methodologies, and tools
- Familiarity with continuous Integration and Test environments
- Experience in technical documentation and analysis
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and deliver quality work products under tight deadlines
- US Citizenship is required for this position
- Experience with Linux and Windows Operating System specific programming
- Experience with multiple production and scripting languages (C++, Java, Python)
- Knowledge and execution of total software life cycle
- Experience in writing and analyzing Software Requirements, including Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with descriptive modeling languages UML/SYSML
- Understanding of database structures and query languages (SQL)
- Active Secret Clearance