Main Duties /
• Participate in direct interactions with customers, including
but not limited to Health Plans
• Provide SME support for projects
regarding clinical laboratory data.
• Research and Analysis
against Informatics Database.
• Interface between customers
and developers to help with the understanding of project requirements.
• Utilize laboratory
knowledge to provide guidance to customers to determine and define
Informatics data delivery requirements.
• Provide effective technical
leadership, expertise and support to the Enterprise Information Management
Informatics system and related Health Plan Initiatives
• Represent IT, as necessary
to senior management, customers, and other business units.
• Create and maintain
departmental SOPs to be used as relevant guidelines.
• Ensure all activities in
areas of responsibility are conducted in compliance with relevant SOPs.
• Maintain statistics,
request applications and prioritization documents.
• Understand and follow
standard Quest Diagnostics methodology and
• Ongoing communication with
management and customers through meeting minutes and status reports.
• Proactive in communication
and escalation of concerns.
job knowledge of factual data, methods, process and theoretical knowledge.
• Good interpersonal skills presenting a
• Good organizational and planning skills with attention to
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Innovative thinker with the ability to manage problems and
unforeseen issues to minimize conflict.
• Experience in Clinical laboratory environment preferred
• Strong Knowledge of MS Office Suite (including Excel and Word)
• Information Technology experience (file transfer, understanding
of data warehousing)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities for multiple customers
• Experience working with large databases, statistical analysis,
and clinical data
• Proficient in SQL writing skills
• Acumen to learn database research, file extract and formatting
• Knowledge of Laboratory and Billing information system
capabilities and applicable workflow
• Familiar with HEDIS performance requirements.
• Knowledge of LOINC codes.
• Degree (BS/BA) in Medical Technology or equivalent combination
of education and experience