Sign In to access application status,
saved documents and Job Search AgentsJob DetailsView Search ResultsView Job Cart (0)Send This Job to a FriendView My AccountEngineer Software IIJob ID #: IRC15441Location: Las Vegas, NVFunctional Area: Game Development
Position Type: Full Time Regular
Business Unit: Gaming
Are you ready to level up your career? At Scientific Games, we are committed to making the best games, platforms and systems in the world. We are looking for smart, passionate and creative people to join our team and help us transform the gaming world. We are a global, industry-leading gaming technology company that embraces challenge, fosters an inclusive culture, values integrity, innovation and winning, and is committed to developing and supporting its people.
Whether you are a member of our award winning game studios, our industry leading systems group, product management, manufacturing group, services or any of our other amazing Gaming teams, you will be creating compelling games played around the world. We are dedicated to being the industry’s only COMPLETE global solutions provider with products that will enhance the entire gaming operation, both on the casino floor and behind the scenes.
If you are ready to play…Come join us and let’s make games!
The Software Engineer position is within the Game Development organization and works on the creation of compelling game experiences for casino products. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the Lead engineer or Producer of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create high quality software in a timely manner for casino game products
• Work with senior and lead team members to design and implement solutions for assigned games and projects
• Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals
• Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes
• Develop a solid understanding of the platform hardware, libraries, development environment, tools, and utilities
• Understand the production process and its many dependencies
• Take initiative and be accountable for the timely completion and high quality of all assigned tasks
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• 1-3 years of game development experience required with a Bachelor’s degree
• Proficiency in programming language C# / C++
• Working knowledge/proficiency of Unity or equivalent game engine
• Development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems
• Strong math skills
• Embedded systems experience
• Game Development experience preferably within a studio environment
• Experience in UI development
• Experience in Agile development
• Windows development
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
• C#, C++, Java or equivalent
• Object Oriented programming
• Design Patterns
• Source Control/Configuration Management
• Bug Tracking Systems
• Software Development processes
• Emulation Tools and/or Debuggers
• Scripting languages – ie Python
Scientific Games Corporation and its affiliates (collectively, “SG”) are engaged in highly regulated gaming and lottery businesses. As a result, certain SG employees may, among other things, be required to obtain a gaming or other license(s), undergo background investigations or security checks, or meet certain standards dictated by law, regulation or contracts. In order to ensure SG complies with its regulatory and contractual commitments, as a condition to hiring and continuing to employ its employees, SG requires all of its employees to meet those requirements that are necessary to fulfill their individual roles. As a prerequisite to employment with SG (to the extent permitted by law), you shall be asked to consent to SG conducting a due diligence/background investigation on you. This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The employee in this position may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. SG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. If you’d like more information about your equal employment opportunity rights as an applicant under the law.
Job ID #: IRC15441