O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 237 days ago
Have you ever wanted to be a part of something BIG? Do you have experience integrating new and emerging technologies into existing environments as technologies evolve and demands change? Are you eager to work with open source software and be exposed to the fast-paced world of Big Data technology? In this role, you can make an immediate impact for a Leading Global Technology Company, MasterCard. The Engineer role is responsible for working with teams across the company to implement new data solutions while maintaining the stability of the platform. You’ll work within the Fraud Data Engineering team to grow their knowledge and expertise. You will get the chance to work with extremely large data sets and be on the cutting edge of transforming the way Mastercard captures, processes, stores and visualizes transactional data.
• Work closely with ETL technologies such as SyncSort, Informatica, etc.
• Design, develop and implement data models with quality and integrity at the top of mind to support our products
• Develop software utilizing open source technologies to interface distributed and relational data solutions
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks
• Be recognized as an expert for specific features, components or technologies and share your knowledge with others
• Maintain a high quality in a complex and constantly evolving workspace
• Contribute to our ongoing process improvement activities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 3-5 years of experience in ETL or related field
• Good knowledge of object oriented programming, along with requisite coding and debugging skills
• Understanding of software design principles, patterns, algorithms, data structures, and multi-threading concepts
• Ability to leverage and utilize industry-standard test automation frameworks, tools and practices
• Ability to work across multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix and Linux
• Experience with testing frameworks and methodologies (Cunit, JUnit, mocking, etc.)
• Solid experience with relational databases, including ability to write efficient SQL queries and Stored Procedures
• Proficient oral and written communication skills
• Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver
• Independent learner with a demonstrated aptitude for acquiring knowledge and skills
OTHER VALUABLE SKILLS
• Strong backend experience using; Java, Scala, etc.
• Understanding of high-performant data concepts such as file stores, wide column databases, key-value pairs, etc.
• Experience working with real-time or near real-time ingestion
• Experience working with the Cloudera stack; Kafka, Spark, Flume, Hadoop, etc
• Prior experience w/Business Intelligence Technologies