SP Engineering team's Mobility BU develops virtualized policy platform software that addresses needs of Mobile , and SP WiFI markets.
Have you been fascinated by endless services that mobile devices could offer? This is an exciting opportunity in Mobility Business Group to lead a team of developers working on the software for policy, online charging server, mining the network intelligence, provide analytic engines and help the customers create value and monetize the value of their network.
Role & Responsibilities
Technical responsibilities include design features, develop and review code to ensure higher standards of “code” quality. Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining product features. Significantly influence the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability
Project responsibilities include working with local and remote teams to come up SW Functional and Design Specifications, test/automation requirements, design, coding and unit testing. Play a pivotal role and handle customer escalations. Increase the development/test efficiency and effectiveness through review of customer found issues and application of appropriate mitigations i.e. technology, tools, and continuous integration.
• 10+ year of experience in high level and low level designing for enterprise applications for scalability, high availability and geographic redundancy requirements.
• Java, J2EE, Spring, noSQL
• Diameter base protocol and Gx, Rx, Sy, Sh or any other diameter based protocol knowledge
• Proven ability to guide junior designers and working in team environment
• Self-motivated and works with minimal supervision. High initiative and sense of ownership
• Demonstrate ability to work across various functional groups within an organization
• Should have worked with Development methodologies like Agile & Scrum is a plus.
• Learn new technology quickly, think on feet, and demonstrate very strong problem solving skills..
• Have expertise with a variety of platforms and Operating Systems ( RHEL, Windows, CentOS).
• Familiarity with processes to include open source software in the product deliverables.
• Familiar with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson etc.
• Candidate should have exposure to Test Automation frameworks using Cucumber, Gherkin, JUnit, Seagull, Apahce JMeter, Mobicents Diameter etc,
• Exposure to working in a globally distributed environment.
• Policy and Charging Control deployments in 3G/2.5G, CDMA and EPC
Gx and Gy on PCRF and PCEF rules implications
• Multi-PCEF PCC solutions.
• Solutions with / without OCS usage monitoring/credit checks.
• SPR OAMP systems integration
• Custom protocol development based on existing diameter specifications
E2E use case requirements analysis - non-IMS, IMS, 3G, EPC, eHRPD/CDMA type scenarios
• Expertise on PCC call models, capacity planning, Gx, Gy, Rx, Sh,
• Diameter protocols from both client and server side, OAMP integration, FMC Policy, Policy standards, etc..
• Core Java programming
• noSQL (MongoDB experience is a plus)
• Eclipse RAP
• OSGi Architecture and Framework
• Eclipse Modeling Framework
• SOAP and Rest WebServices
• Jboss rules (Drool)
• Tools and Libraries: JUnit, EMMA, log4j, Xerces
• VMWare for virtualization
• Experience in developing Eclipse plug-ins
• Cloud/Virtualization domain experience is an added plus.
The candidate should have proficiency in various Libraries, Frameworks & Tools used for Java development including Maven 2, Subversion, Eclipse & JUnit.
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.