Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance is required.See More
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Systems Engineering Solutions Strategic Business Unit provides advanced systems engineering and technology applications for intelligence and information enterprises. These applications and solutions deliver enterprise data management, data analytics, modeling and simulation, and technology assessment capabilities that are used to create products that offer actionable information in support of warfighters and decision makers.
Signals Analyst Senior
What You'll Do:
- Minimum 8 years of experience as a Signal Analyst
- Experience operating signal collection, processing, and analysis equipment
- Experience analyzing signals from recordings or in a live environment
- Support analytic tradecraft to allow for development of signal exploitation capabilities
- Determine signal characteristics of waveforms or bit streams necessary for the exploitation of signals of interest
- Translate results into briefings to communicate characteristics of signal for identification and/or exploitation
- Collaborate with other analysts and maintain awareness of analysis projects
- Prepare complex technical reports detailing the analysis results and presents technical briefings on analysis in accordance with customer requirements.
- Work schedule may be unpredictable and may need to travel on short notice.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit, Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is desired, plus 8 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Current TS//SCI security clearance w/polygraph required.
- Minimum of 8 years of direct experience with Signals Analysis
- Experience with processes and tools related to Signals Analysis
- Minimum of 6 years of detection, demodulation and processing of RF communication signals
- Graduate of 450/451 Basic and Intermediate Signals Analysis course
- Graduate of 452 Advanced Signals Analysis course desired
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
- Travel to CONUS and OCONUS government and non-government locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position not available.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Nearest Major Market: Baltimore
Valid through: 1/19/2021