$80K — $100K *
Designs, evaluates, plans, tests, and operates electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems.
1. Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing, repair, and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Performs various tests and documents results.
3. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance as required.
4. Identifies and documents clients’ functional requirements.
5. Gathers and correlates engineering data.
6. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation including, but not limited to, Engineering Change Proposals, Engineering Change Orders, Notices of Revision, Prime Item Functional and Performance Specifications, and test procedures.
7. Analyzes Research and Development Plans.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Specific responsibilities include
1. Researching obsolete electronic components within a U.S. Navy countermeasure system and recommending replacement components to maintain the viability of the system. A suitable candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of discrete digital circuitry and be able to demonstrate their understanding of manufacturer specification sheets with regards to identifying acceptable replacements for obsolete components. The candidate will be required to demonstrate their ability to interpret schematic diagrams, Truth Tables, and Logic Diagrams during the interview process.
2. Investigating system Trouble Reports (TR) and verify proposed resolutions.
3. Review and comment on system test procedures, such as Factory Acceptance Tests, and system Functional Specifications.
4. Designing special test equipment and/or fixtures to bench-test and troubleshoot circuit boards and sub-assemblies.
5. Assist technicians with troubleshooting and repairing various electrical, electronic, and electro-mechanical equipment.
6. May be required to supervise several technicians.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline.
Master’s Degree preferred.
5 - 8 years of related engineering experience.
Skills and Abilities
1. Knowledge of engineering principles, methods, and techniques.
2. Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
4. Must currently hold or be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret Security Clearance.
Valid through: 9/30/2020
$80K — $90K
6 days ago