The Senior Field Support Engineer serves as a primary contact for Rockwell Automation's customers. They are focused on improving customer relationships by resolving commercial and technical issues. The Field Support Engineer works on a variety of commercial and technical issues both independently and with a team. Other activities of the Field Support Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Provide customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems
- Evaluate and approve operational quality of system equipment
- Serve as company liaison to the customer for multiple topics
- Participate in the establishment, measurement, and achievement of customer satisfaction metrics
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Provide leadership for project engineering teams, contract employees, and project support personnel
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
- Support an environment conducive to successful team interaction and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for following all applicable corporate, company, governmental and regulatory policies and procedures as appropriate for this position
- This position will require the ability to travel throughout the service area
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
- Bachelor's Degree
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology field; in lieu of degree, will consider an Associates of Science Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent technological training (e.g. technological training received while serving in the military, or equivalent industry training), with 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- PLC programming utilizing RSLogix 5, 500,5000 software.
- HMI application development utilizing RSView32 and/or RSView ME/SE software.
- Experience with EtherNet networking and EtherNet Switch configuration
- Experience with the PowerFlex family of AC Drives including start-up and troubleshooting.
- Proficient with ControlLogix, Kinetix motion control hardware and programming.
- Familiar with ControlNet, DeviceNet
- Familiar with PowerFlex Drives