Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Information Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- The T&T Cloud and Engineering organization is looking for a skilled Sr DevOps Engineer who would work and lead our diverse DevOps automation efforts interfacing with multiple teams within the organization.
- Designs, engineers, and deploys systems at American Airlines data centers to backup servers using NetBackup and Data Domain products. Additionally, coordinates with managed service providers to ensure quality backups in our managed data centers.
What you'll do
- Designs, engineers, and deploys systems at American Airlines data centers to backup servers using NetBackup and Data Domain products
- Integrates backup environment with other software platforms throughout the organization
- Works with both centralized and remote backup architecture
- Collaborates with project managers, other engineers, architects, administrators, and customers to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Develops documentation for requirements, architectural designs, engineering drawings and diagrams, as well as operational policies and procedures
- Develops and documents best practices for system installation, deployment, and operation
- Manages technology proof of concept selection criteria, evaluation, and testing
- Explores and stays abreast of new technologies that can bring value to the organization
- Encourages an environment of sharing and team work among the project teams
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of experience as a systems or infrastructure engineer, including backup engineering
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 6 years of Experience with Automation tools. Technical experience should include setup and implementation experience
- 6 years of experience in Java and/or .net and/or scripting languages
- Working knowledge of Unix and Windows environments
- 6 years of Experience with development, troubleshooting and performance tuning
- Provide good understanding of concepts related application scaling concepts
- Excellent troubleshoot and resolve issues across development, testing, and production environments
- Experience in performing problem diagnostics to resolution
- Senior experience with automation – Infrastructure as code (CHEF, Puppet) tools or deployment automation scripting
- Development Pipeline
- Experience with Database & Database related technologies
- Strong infrastructure development background
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more