Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You’ve come to the right place.
You don’t have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We’re glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we’re building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
This job is a member of the Information Technology Team, within the Information Technology Division. This position will be responsible for providing test automation services related to system test strategies and solutions that incorporate industry standard techniques, strategies and processes. Plan, design, create and execute automated test suites for multiple applications with supervision by team leads.
Specifically, you'll do the following:
- Designs, writes, executes and maintains automated test scripts for the PSS System
- Performs the setup, upgrade, testing and administration of tools used by the testing team
- Maintains automation standards for a product set, including the maintenance and evolution of the master automated regression test set
- Participates in the entire testing project lifecycle from requirements to test executions
- Develops and maintains the Quality Assurance benchmark performance success metrics and measures all future product releases against those standards
- Develops plans, procedures and programs to monitor and evaluate the accuracy and reliability of the system and ensure performance and standards are maintained
- Actively communicates testing status, including schedule, risks, issues, defects and potential impact
- Provides engineering support for testing approach design and tools on projects of peers
- Troubleshoots issues by researching symptoms, analyzing impacts and implementing solutions
- Collaborates with Quality Assurance Analysts to plan, develop and maintain automation regressions and performance test suites
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of hands-on native SABRE PSS experience
- 3 years of hands-on experience with test automation
- Demonstrated understanding of Quality Management, including testing techniques, methodologies, processes, tools, artifacts and measurements
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies
- Experience applying automation techniques and tools, such as UFT, SOAPUI and JMETER
- Proficiency in eliciting and documenting requirements and performing quality assurance using SDLC best practices/standards
- Experience in automated test case suite maintenance, including creation of new tests, automated test scheduling, execution and test logs analysis
- Experience with different programming languages (VB Script, Java, C#, or TFS)
- Experience with test automation in Quality Center
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Tools
- Solid judgment and analytical skills; strong follow-up, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and to effectively manage change and customer expectations
- Airline industry experience, including business systems and technology
- Ability to explain technical concepts and adjust messaging based on the audience, including non-technical groups
- Ability to influence through outstanding interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment, as well as independently
Requisition ID: 28078