Join us for a career with endless possibilities.
Looking for a job where a passion for innovation, a culture of teamwork, and opportunities for growth are valued and rewarded? You've come to the right place.
You don't have to be an airline aficionado to join American Airlines. It takes more than cool planes to keep us ahead of the curve, and thanks to our team of behind the scenes professionals, we do just that. As the largest airline in the world, American Airlines is in the business of serving the global travel needs of our customers. At the core of the Company is our commitment to each customer and each employee. We are dedicated to developing and delivering what our customers value and are willing to pay for. Customer-centric planning, innovative marketing, and an exceptional customer experience are supported by a cadre of talented people.
What does it take to join us? We're glad you asked! We expect exceptional skills in your discipline and a dedication to being the best as we relentlessly pursue our goal of being not just the largest airline in the world, but also the best airline in the world.
Fortunately, we're building on almost a century of innovation and firsts in our industry – and we plan to continue that tradition of excellence.
About The Job
The Sr. Network Security Engineer, IT Network Delivery Program Services is responsible for the technical leadership, execution and delivery of next generation software defined infrastructure; firewall technologies, intrusion detection/prevention technologies, micro-segmentation, SD-WAN, VPN, other data center technologies and continuous process improvements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, configure, and manage Palo Alto Firewalls, DSM host based firewalls
- Install and configure B2b tunnels on Palo Alto firewalls for site to site VPN.
- Install and configure Cisco ISE for wireless authentication.
- Install, configure, and manage a highly available and scalable VMware/virtualization NSX Software Defined Infrastructure.
- Transforms the organization by leveraging and enabling automation, orchestration, continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD).
- Functions as a technical change agent and influences product direction in order to increase IT business value and simplicity
- Serves as an advocate for business stakeholders into IT and helps evangelize the role of network engineering technology back to the business
- Provides well-considered counsel to leadership and other business service leaders on the strategic two to three-year technology roadmap for all software defined technologies.
- Presents innovate forward thinking concepts and technology to improve business processes
- Contributes to our positive, team-oriented culture by developing and maintaining cooperative relationships, facilitating the resolution of conflicts, and accepting and providing constructive feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 5+ years of experience in a Network Security environment working with firewalls, VPN, IDS/IPS, Cisco ISE
- 3+ years of experience in delivering Software Defined Infrastructure, leveraging automation, orchestration, scripting technologies. NSX experience is preferred
- Senior Level experience with Data Center infrastructure solutions: VPN, Cisco (Route and Switch), Palo Alto (FW + IDS/IPS functions), Cisco ISE, Trend Micro DSM (Micro-segmentation) – host based firewall.
- Experience with migrations of Cisco firewalls to Palo Alto using Expedition.
- Strong experience in building site to site VPN tunnels for both Cisco and Palo Alto's platform.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Wildfire and Threat prevention for Intrusion and Detection.
- Experience in working with Palo Alto Global Protect.
- Experience in providing security consulting services to IT organization and confirm adherence to Company's security policy and regulatory requirements such as PCI, PII, HIPAA, and SOX.
- Campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices and campus locations
- Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc...) and also worked with Palo Alto's rest API.
- Understands and effectively articulates the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
- CCNP – Security, DC, Routing, Switching, PCNSE(Palo Alto) VMWare Certified Professional Standard
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- Airline Industry experience or large enterprise with multiple data centers and remote locations
- Design Ansible networking playbooks (and/or via Python scripts, REST API) for, Palo Alto, Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS
- Strong experience with Active Directory & DNS
- Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space
Additional Locations: Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Requisition ID: 27314