reliable, high quality electronic components and solutions for over sixty-nine years, and we are seeking an Engineer, Senior for our Industrial Market Division.
In this role, you will plan, coordinate, conduct, and supervise assignments relating to the development of new products. Manages new products and processes through production implementation. Provides engineering support for existing products. Completes redesigns of current products to improve profitability, performance, quality, reliability, and technical enhancements. This position reports directly to the Engineering Manager. This role is based in Riverside, CA.
The successful candidate will own and possess the drive to:
- Performs complex and novel work assignments pertaining to products, processes and development and production qualification of new products.
- Leads global development team of multiple disciplines in a concurrent engineering environment for accelerated product introduction.
- Utilizes project management tools to prepare product from initial concept through production implementation including time schedule, cost, and performance.
- Manages engineering activities in the design, process evaluation, selection, qualification, and optimization to meet or exceed project objectives.
- Applies knowledge and experience of 3D CAD, SPC, DOE, DFM, FMEA, Six-Sigma process in all products and processes to achieve world-class product status.
- Works directly with and manages customer relationships, suppliers, manufacturing facilities ensuring on time project completion with six-sigma process, performance and achieving cost target.
- Identifies and introduces new materials, processes, and technologies for new and existing products in high volume automation environments.
- Provides sustaining design engineering support for existing worldwide high volume product lines.
- Review and verify any proposed changes to products and provide technical support of changes in report form.
- Informs PLM of any changes to products that may require a Product Change Notice (PCN) and support the PLM in issuance of the PCN.
- Create documentation to support purchase of TNA from 3rd party supplier.
- Responsible for cost management:
- Understand and track all product line costs.
- Work with factory on cost reduction strategies.
- Review costs in SAP to make sure the actual costs are accurate.
If you see yourself as the next Engineer, Senior at Bourns and you have the right experience along with the ability to work effectively with a globally distributed, multi-culture team we want to talk with you.
The ideal candidate will have the following training and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Material Engineering from an accredited university is required, MS degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the above functions in related fields.
- Five years minimum of engineering experience including demonstrated capability to design, develop and successfully release to manufacturing products of major scope and a high degree of technical complexity.
- Ability to create and present technical presentations to customers and management. Time management and organizational skills are critical.
- Excellent verbal skills are required to clearly communicate instructions and present ideas, concepts and solutions to all levels of employees, customers and vendors.
- Excellent written skills are required to issue instructions, present ideas, concepts, and solutions to all levels of employees, customers and vendors through letters, emails, graphs, charts, reports, etc.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment.