NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI: As the Cloud Engineer IV (Engineer/Scientist III - Cloud Solution Architect), you will respond to trouble tickets to resolve user problems. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
This position will be located in Charleston, South Carolina. Relocation assistance may be considered.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Gathers requirements and designs Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud-based system deployments and system transitions.
- Architecting and planning migrations to commercial cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Office 365, Google Cloud Platform, or similar cloud platforms.
- Work with end users and application experts to elicit requirements for designing and deploying scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems in cloud-based environments
- Lift and shift planning for an existing on-premises application to cloud based systems.
- Ingress and egress planning for data migration to and from cloud-based systems.
- Select the appropriate cloud service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements.
- Integration with on-premises enterprise networks and systems.
- Identifying appropriate use of cloud architectural best practices.
- Estimating cloud costs and identifying cost control mechanisms.
- Providing technical clarity and direction to Cloud IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Computer Science, Information Systems or have equivalent related experience.
- Must have Sec+ CE Certification.
- Must have 6 years of experience in C4ISR projects in support of Department of Defense (DoD) efforts to include: Systems Analysis, Systems Architecture, Systems/Equipment Support, Cyber Security, Test and Evaluation, and Logistics support of C4ISR requirements.
- Must have 3 years of technical experience in support of Marine Corps/Navy/DoD network infrastructure, networking, server virtualization, object-oriented programming, software development, software configuration, software installation, or cloud transition, and cyber security. Experience may be achieved simultaneously.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Willing to travel less than 25% of the year.
- 7 – 12 Years of experience.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 20 pounds
- Travel by land or air transportation less than 25%