IMERYS Metallurgy serves the metallurgy market along the whole metal production chain, from raw materials through to the casting of the final products. IMERYS products and solutions are used in the production of iron, steel and other metals. We mine and process bentonite, perlite, zeolite and produce continuous casting fluxes and a variety of specialty products for a wide range of applications and markets.
IMERYS is looking for a strong candidate that will assist Account Managers in the process of securing profitable orders for company products and offering solutions to customers’ continuous casting issues. To be directly responsible for the technical support of customers through specialized and scientific knowledge/ product applications. Also facilitates the reaching or exceeding of turnover and return targets for the Steel Casting Flux business unit, as well as securing and expanding the market position of the company through technical expertise. Establish long lasting customer relationships through technical support, training, and service.
Location: Home Based (PA, OH, IN, MI, IL Preferred)
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Recommends areas for new and alternate product development.
- Represents company interests at the customer.
- Visits assigned customers to conduct routine customer meetings.
- Recommends products and process improvements to customers.
- Trains operators on the use of products. Prepares technical handouts for customers.
- Gives technical presentations at industry events.
- Presentation of new product developments at the customers.
- Conducts pilot and industrial application tests of company products at the customer.
- Documentation, evaluation and presentation of test results at the customer and internally.
- Training and support of customer’s employees to optimize production processes and their product quality by utilization of the technical benefits of the products. Advise, train and support representatives in consulting and recommending customer-specific product proposals and product modifications
- Develops and programs analysis tools to evaluate customer process data and product performance
- Supports R&D and other departments in the development of new products
- Develops solutions to complex, diverse problems, in variable and interpretive situations requiring constructive imaginative thinking.
- Applies broad polices with limited assistance.
Skills and Attributes Requirements:
- Technical ability and proficient with MS Office or equivalent.
- Data analysis, report generation, product proposals.
- SAPexperience a plus.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Bachelor Degree preferred in Metallurgy, Ceramic, Chemical, Material Science.
- A minimum of 5 – 10 years of experience in Steel Industry
- A proven record of adaptability to different cultures
- Broad experience and expertise at a unique level with exceptional depth.
- 50-70% travel is required for this role. Some international.