Roles & Responsibilities
This position has responsibility for:
- Product Definition: Partner with Marketing to define new products through feasibility studies and technical competitive analyses.
- Product Design and Evaluation: Schematic Capture, IC layout, Simulation, Package Analysis, Design Validation.
- Product Documentation: Document all relevant product and design information to educate others on novel design techniques and provide guidance on product usage.
- Product Characterization: Work independently or with Characterization Engineers to define test plan, conduct characterization and analyze performance data.
- Production ATE Development: Work with Test Engineers to define, develop and ramp production ATE solutions.
Knowledge, Skill and Competency Requirements
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies:
- Critical Thinking: Skilled at finding logical flaws in arguments and plans; identifies problems and solutions that others might miss; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Working with Ambiguity: Achieves forward progress in the face of poorly defined situations and/or unclear goals; able to work effectively with limited or partial information.
- Displaying Technical Expertise: Keeps his/her technical skills current; effectively applies specialized knowledge and skills to perform work tasks; understands and masters the technical skills, knowledge, and tasks associated with his/her job; shares technical expertise with others
- Driving for Results: Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives; will to put in considerable time and effort to accomplish objectives; takes a highly focused, goal driven approach toward work
- Making Accurate Judgments and Decisions: Bases decisions on a systematic review of relevant facts and information; avoids making assumptions or rushing to judgment; provides clear rationale for decisions
- Familiarity with analog & RF IC layout
- Familiarity with cadence verification, ocean scripts
- Measurement understanding of S-parameters, NF, Linearity, timing etc
The following traits are highly valued:
- Strength in documentation clarity and completeness
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product requirements on schedule
- Hands on use of lab equipment to validate performance
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BSEE with 2 years of IC Design; or advance degree in Electrical Engineering without experience
- Analog IC design – good understanding of bandgap voltage references, low-drop out voltage regulators, operational amplifiers etc.
- RF IC design – good understanding of RFswitches, Low Noise Amplifiers, power amplifiers, mixers etc.
- Basic knowledge of IC fabrication and how this impacts circuit performance. Good understanding of non-linear effects in transistors