Duties and Responsibilities Includes the following essential duties andresponsibilities(other duties may also be assigned):
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications. Position is 80% Testing and 20% process including documentation. Incumbent will analyze technical requirements, create test plans, write test cases and perform testing on cross browsers. Assist in developing and running test automation scripts. Executes Regression testing, updates manual test cases, documents information to be used and shared as reference material.
- Design and executive test plans on computer SW applications.
- Create or maintain databases of known test defects;
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts, or procedures;
- Develop testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error or bug retests, or usability;
- Document software defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to software developers;
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output, online screen, or content;
- Monitor bug resolution efforts and track successes;
- Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems;
- Practical experience with of testing and tracking tools such as Jira
- Plan test schedules
- Operate and maintain test networks.
- Provide application instructions for users.
- Perform application securityaudits.
- Perform reviews, walkthroughs, or inspections.
- Expertise in database testing in Microsoft SQL Server environments including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored procs, jobs, triggers and replication.
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Relational databaseexperience
- XML validation
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or other analytical field preferred
- 3-5+ years of software QA experience that includes manual testing, automation testing (any tool), API testing, etc.
- Relevant certifications a plus
- Knowledge of Software Quality Assurance best practices.
- Knowledge of industry standard Software Development Life Cycle.
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development methodologies
- Ability to understand and create test plans from specifications or verbal communications.
Liaison with development, project management, and customer support
- Experience in creating test plans, test case, documenting all phases, integrating all components, and understanding across platform dependencies.
- Experience in creating testing artifacts, understanding customer needs, and determining how to validate software features and functionality.
- Experience in documenting and performing performance related test cases