At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
- Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
- Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies
What Will You Be Doing?
The IT QA Automation Engineer will be responsible for participating in the design and implementation of automated tests to validate web and mobile applications and services. This position is responsible for working in a diverse and demanding computing environment and requires strong analytical ability, flexibility, communication and interpersonal skills. The Engineer must have a passion for diving into data, technology, be a problem solver and have a desire to improve software quality within an Agile team environment. This role is critical to Frontier in ensuring technology functions efficiently and effectively, reduces Frontier’s costs and helps meet revenue goals.
- Work as a member of an Agile team to develop automated tests by analyzing user stories, acceptance criteria, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the developers, product owners and business analysts.
- Identify and document detailed requirements for testing system needs and functionality.
- Participate in reviews of software specifications, test strategies and verifying completeness, accuracy and breadth of quality commitments.
- Work closely with the development team, application support team, and Frontier help desk team to troubleshoot issues in production and development environments.
- Work with enterprise customers and core development engineers to find and address product scalability, quality, and performance-related issues.
- Effectively communicate automation status, measures, issues and corrective actions during development reviews.
- Execute tests manually when necessary.
- Monitor known bugs and issues, escalating where necessary to expedite resolution.
- Provide support and assistance to all team members.
- Report testing status and reported defects to Quality Assurance Manager daily.
- Become familiar with the Frontier PSS System functionality at all customer points of contact (web, reservations, airport check-in and gates).
- Complete unit, GUI, integration, user acceptance, regression and production testing.
- Ensure that project and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or .
- Ensure that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards.
- Maintain and open online trouble logs and follow up on issues with all related departments.
- Update reporting tools with testing results.
- Learn and understand the operation of Airport Stations, Reservations and other Frontier departments and how Frontier technology impacts these departments and their daily operations and stay up-to-date with changes in those departments and their operations.
- Remain up-do-date with current trends in consumer technology and how those trends could affect customer interaction with Frontier.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or discipline; combination of relevant education and experience considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as a software test automation engineer or software developer for commercial applications and/or services
- Minimum 2 years of experience writing automated tests using C# and .Net, with a proven understanding of object-oriented design & coding principles
- Experience with VSA Test Manger
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience in performance, stress and load testing multi- user/multi-threaded services or SQL implementations and prior knowledge of performance monitoring & SQL trace/profiling
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing or automating tests for web applications
- Experience testing web services and/or distributed/cloud computing environments
- Proven track record of researching & analyzing complex issues
- Airline/GDS experience preferred
- Airport customer service & reservations experience helpful
- Multi-platform testing experience – web OS and browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) & mobile operating systems such as iOS and Android is helpful
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Strong ability to work independently as well as with highly cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of QA processes & methodologies in a software development environment
- Ability to analyze requirements & designs to develop automated tests, test plans and test cases
- Understanding of web applications and relational databases