Develops; modifies; applies and maintains quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product. Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensurequality standards are in place. Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting; testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment. Designs and analyzesinspection and testingprocesses; mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for; products or materials that do not meetrequired standards and specifications.Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction. Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements. May specialize in the areas of design; incoming material; production control; product evaluation and reliability;inventory control and/or research and development as theyapply to product or process quality. May be certified inlean and six-sigma quality engineering methodologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics with 5 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and years of experience.
- Must be able to work any shift, overtime, weekends and flexible hours as required.
- Must adhere to Company policies/procedures and management instruction.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information and Company Proprietary data.
Must haveexperience/ understanding of:
- Quality System implementation and maintenance
- Statistical Principles and Applications
- Product/ Process/ Material Control
- Inspection Methods and Techniques, including GD&T application and interpretation
- General knowledge of sheet metal fabrication techniques and chemical processing
- Able to demonstrate skills in reading and interpreting engineering drawings, blueprints, Mylars and ability to interrogate Model Based Definition (MBD) datasets
- Developing and administering Quality Assurance Plans
- Work closely with cross functional teams (Usually Manufacturing Engineering, Production Planners and Quality Engineering) to create and maintain QM Master Data and Inspection Plans for manufacturing facilities
- Auditing quality systems for deficiency identification and correction (AS9100/IS9001)
- Liaising with customers (internal and external) and suppliers to develop, implement and monitor Corrective Action Plans
- Problem solving and using RCCA methods to drive Root Cause investigations and solutions
- Using Microsoft Office Packages to record and present data (Must be able to manipulate data within Excel to produce charts/metrics)
- CATIA/Enovia experience
- Knowledge of SAP preferred
- Maintain the Material Review Report (MRR) Database used in the documentation and disposition of nonconforming material
- Review the submission of MRRs for clear, concise and complete defect description prior to submission
- Suitability for Material Review
- Suitability of given Root Cause and Corrective Actions
- Liaise with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) members to resolve issues
- Submission of MRB requests to the customer, as required
- Act as Liaison between Customer and IPT
- Process dispositioned MRRs through release of planning authorizations to perform repair activities
- Follow-up Verification of Corrective Actions and assess their effectiveness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to liaise with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/cross-functional environment
- Microsoft Office Suite, with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (Must be able to manipulate data within Excel to produce charts/metrics)
- Travel: Some travel will be required. Must be able to travel as necessary to monitor suppliers/subcontractors activities, PMRs and/or as needed in support of IPT duties.
- Fast-paced/cross-functional environment , may experience moderate-to-high work loads
- Personal Protective Equipment Requirements: Must use safety glasses and ear plugs within the immediate production areas, as required.