Analyze, synthesize & design of complex high voltage power electronic circuits and systems which are incorporated in new Product lines for Industrial Inverters/Converters, under the direction of Sr. Project and Principal Engineers, and project managers. Responsible for the development of rectifiers, inverters, switch-mode power supplies (SMPS), gate drivers, analog and digitalcircuits for control and signal conditioning. Responsible for the development cycles of large product development projects, uses unique capabilities in the analysis, design, scheduling of tasks, assessment of costs. Responsible for generating requirements, design specifications, implementation plans, and design execution while directing multiple engineers and technicians to support the successful execution of those designs.
- Proficient with power electronics circuits/systems – rectifiers, inverters, PWM, gate drivers, SMPS, voltage and current sensing, magnetics, electro-mechanical energy conversion and principles of motor control for AC drives
- Experience with design for electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) and regulator compliance
- Proficient with the creation of simulation models for Power Electronics circuits/systems and the use of engineering tools (Matlab, Simulink, Simplorer/PSpice) and FAE tools (Ansys Q3D, Maxwell) for analysis and design.
- Experience with tools for PCB layout, signal integrity analysis and design such as Mentor Graphics
- Experience working in a high voltage laboratory and proficiency with the use of instrumentation for power electronics systems for measurements, data analysis and troubleshooting
- Experience with DFSS processes, principles of statistical analysis and design of experiments
- Analyze complex power electronics circuits/systems, and perform failure analysis and root cause
- Experience (design/test) and knowledge with UL, IEC regulatory standards for AC drive products
- Participate in competitive analysis and VOC exercises to determine new product requirements
- Contribute to conceptual development of a new product line architecture, partitioning, enhancing the prior art for product performance, quality, reliability and cost
- Must stay up-to-date with technology developments in power electronics – components, control and applications. Assess relative value of technology alternatives in the design process for new products.
- Participate in IEEE conferences and seminars to stay abreast of technology developments
- Responsible for construction and validation testing of prototype designs, and product qualification
- Assist manufacturing in the resolution of complex test and manufacturing issues for products, and to assist field service in the resolution of complex field application issues with respect to product performance and system design. Ability to interface with customers in equipment, test and start-up
- Must complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Development Processes, and associated with the functional process requirements
- Implement Process Improvement projects directed at the Hardware development methods
- Must understand and practice laboratory procedures and develop and perform or supervise laboratory qualification and certification testing for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness
- Analyze and divide a large-sized project into tasks, schedule these tasks, and be the technical leader in the cost-effective implementation of the tasks, assuming responsibility and accountability for the timely completion of the tasks. Identify resources needed for accomplishment of project goals
- Ability to lead project development teams composed of engineers and technicians
- Four year technical degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent, with specialization in Power Electronics.
- 4+ years of industry experience, or equivalent, at the Senior Engineer level. Must have high level of knowledge designing industrial products such as AC drives
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Masters or Ph.D. degree in Power Electronics is preferred. DFSS blackbelt certification preferred.