- Performs a variety of complex engineering tasks of an analysis, design, or test nature in one or more product/service areas requiring strong technical skills in one or more software and/or hardware engineering disciplines.
- Leads project teams and provides guidance to less advanced engineers.
- Develops program guidance and manages projects.
- Evaluates launch service provider’s (LSP) systems engineering processes and their application to launch complex design, development, activation, verification, and validation efforts.
- Assesses launch complex requirements, design, verification/validation, and documentation, and provides risk recommendations.
- Monitors LSPs’ launch processes and procedures including vehicle processing flow for launch, Static Fires, Wet Dress Rehearsals (WDR), and other operations.
- Participates in and assesses LSP and LCG readiness reviews, post-flight ground system performance reviews, and other reviews as necessary.
- Supports launch site related technical interchange meetings, design reviews and Engineering Review Boards.
- Supports 30 LCG, 4 SLS, and 1 ASTS mission status reviews.
- Performs facility systems engineering support for the B8510 Remote Launch Control Center (RLCC) and associated mission support systems.
- Integrates facility and center systems in support of launch operations, mission events, and 30 LCG Mission Assurance, Fleet Surveillance, and New Entrant Certification activities.
- Plans for extended operations support to meet mission requirements, anticipating launch delays and recycle opportunities in support of the launch manifest.
- Conducts engineering analyses, planning, design reviews, and studies to identify facility requirement shortfalls and provides capability assessments, concepts of operations, and risk assessments to ensure readiness to meet mission needs.
Requirements: The candidate must have Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering) & 10-12 years of related experience as a minimum. Master’s Degree in engineering discipline preferable.