Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
Independently conducts development work as part of a major research and/or development project. Receives minimal technical direction/review on broad scope or complex projects. Viewed as an expert in one or more in-house technologies.
Your responsibililties will include:
- Drives complex or novel assignment requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment, and/or scientific method to broaden BSC’s Intellectual Property in key strategic areas.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: product portfolio development, technology development, product design and development, preparation of specifications, and research investigation (animal and clinical studies).
- Provides guidance to product and technology teams.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Coordinates, manages, and documents project goals and progress and recommends appropriate revisions.
- Interfaces with Physicians/medial personnel to identify needs and to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices and to translate customer needs into product concepts.
- Develops and coaches others on engineering documentation.
- Trains and/or provides work direction to technicians and less experienced engineers.
- Leads engineering teams to the successful completion of project goals.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through coaching and delivery of high quality, high impact deliverables.
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 9 + years experience with BS OR 7+ w MS
- B.S. in Mechanical, Biomedical or Systems Engineering
- expereince in medical device product development
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with a broad range of audiences (technical and cross-functional community, physicians, management)
- Experience in contributing to product development portfolio planning, including technical feasibility and financial/resource forecasting
- Experience in capital and single-use disposable medical device development
- Experience developing products via both PMA and 510(k) pathways
- Experience in women’s health including anatomy, physiology, disease states and treatment modalities, including ablative therapies and tissue resection/collection
- Experience as a technical and/or project lead
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 423190